Quadruplets?

Help Support CattleToday:

Crazy Farmgirl

Reaction score
Found this link on another board and got me to wondering how many here have actually seen/had a set of quads?

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/01/06/cow-gives-rare-birth-quadruplet-calves

I have had twins here and have seen a few sets of triplets over the years on other farms but never seen quads. Anyone here had experience with quads? If so were any dam raised? bottle fed? combination? What was they're outcome (healthy, sickly, sold, retained)?

I would have to think that the cow had to look as though she were going to bust carrying four 65lb calves. Not to mention the surprise of seeing yet another one presenting! :shock:

Also had a good chuckle at the comments that were left below the article!

Never heard of it. Never even had trips.

Tree hugger comments were abound. Interesting. Lumping all dairymen together too.

Friends of ours had quad bulls a couple of years ago. They bottled them and let the cow nurse them too. 2 they sold as bulls and 2 they cut.

he have a line of cows who like having twins, and most of the time fail at it, one year 3 sisters all had twins, One of cows died 2 days later (milk fever perhaps, we aren't sure), one aborted them, and the other refused one (her sister adopted it). I have a cow who always looks like she'd have twins, but always just ends up with a single monster (140 lb bulls twice, 120 lb heifer the other time)

Latest posts