'puter again

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Tried to shut it down,something I didn't know kept the puter running,and froze the pointer so that I couldn't go to shut down.. Unpluged the 'puter,pulled the battery-couldn't think what else to do,kinda like shifting to nuteral when the accelerator is stuck,didn't know what else to do.. What kind of damage did I do? What else could/should I have done??

Stuff happens! and sometimes you have to unplug to shut down. Not the best situation, but not the worst. The big thing is the reboot. Do you get an error message then? Did it reboot differently? Did you open some email attachements on your last use or accidently visit a site that is not good? Did you download anything?
What spyware/malware scan, anti virus and fire wall do you have?

Do some scans

Go on line to:

Eset-- do an on line scan
bit defender -- do an one line scan
panda software ---again on line scan
trends micro --- again
malware bytes---scan

do each of these scans separately. They will want to install an ActiveX---allow!

Check off things to scan, PM me if you have an question. we are vaccinating today so i will not be around for some time this afternoon

Everything seems to be the same.
I have Mcafee ,it came with it.
I don't know how to answer the other questions.
Good luck "playing with the cows"..Enjoy.

Probably didn't hurt a thing. I've learned to shut the laptop when I finish cause one of our cats has decided the keyboard is her hot blanket and she locks the computer down whenever we forget to close the top. I just reboot with the power button.

Latest posts