Purebred - Crossbred - who cares as long as I win

Help Support CattleToday:

Muddy, highgrit may not have said everyone, but Butch most certainly did, "Who cares as long as I win...show rings are filled with nothing but liars and cheating."

I have found that the ones who are winning are usually not cheating but are accused of it, the ones doing the accusing are usually the ones cheating.

VCC":1urmm7xp said:
Muddy, highgrit may not have said everyone, but Butch most certainly did, "Who cares as long as I win...show rings are filled with nothing but liars and cheating."

I have found that the ones who are winning are usually not cheating but are accused of it, the ones doing the accusing are usually the ones cheating.

An old saying I'm reminded of, " They don't have to cheat to win...but they do it anyway just to stay in practice" :lol2:

retro":2p18xb49 said:
I've been involved with showing cattle for many many years, I know many good people involved with it across the US Luca said it very well I would just like to add That I take personal offense, when someone claims that everyone involved is a liar, and a cheater.I'll just leave it at that.
I second this statement. I also know many good people that "show cattle" that are as honest as can be. You are going to find dishonest people every where you look, but not necessarily any more of them in the show ring than anywhere else.

In the Gelbvieh association I believe in 2015 any bull who is going to be given an AI certificate will have to have a DNA test. At this time they are recommending that we begin submitting DNA samples on animals so that a history can be developed. As with anything there are honest mistakes made when it comes to registering and these are expected. As with any business transaction there is always a certain amount of trust that is afforded someone, when that trust is taken advantage of normally it is very seldom ever granted again. In our association the Fullblood issue gets argued constantly. It is very difficult to expand the gene pool when it really was small to begin with and it is difficult to import new seedstock. That is one reason why I believe that the high percentage purebreds are essential for the advancement of the breed.

kjonesel":2amrjing said:
In the Gelbvieh association I believe in 2015 any bull who is going to be given an AI certificate will have to have a DNA test.

At this time they are recommending that we begin submitting DNA samples on animals so that a history can be developed. As with anything there are honest mistakes made when it comes to registering and these are expected. As with any business transaction there is always a certain amount of trust that is afforded someone, when that trust is taken advantage of normally it is very seldom ever granted again. In our association the Fullblood issue gets argued constantly. It is very difficult to expand the gene pool when it really was small to begin with and it is difficult to import new seedstock. That is one reason why I believe that the high percentage purebreds are essential for the advancement of the breed.

It is my understanding that they are going to require a parentage verification on bulls used in pasture breeding. Are you saying the EVERY AI animal is also, going to have to be parent verified in order to be registered.

It makes me wonder if the Gelbvieh Assn is not the real owner of Igenity.

BTW I have yet to see an AI certificate on any of my calves that were from an AI sire

Latest posts