Pumping water without electricity

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Seen several threads where people were trying to fill stock tanks without electricity so I thought I'd post this idea.

[youtube]rY-AQrWOjw4&NR=1[/youtube]

This one is kinda neat too.

[youtube]jy4yRrOw2Ww&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/youtube]

great minds think alike Jo.

I have done a little surfing and have seen some of those videos too.

I have been intrigued by the bubble pump or brumby pump. It does take electricity but just for the compressor and I can power that by solar.

I don't have a good running stream close so the wheel deal won't work for me.

pdfangus":crasi2u2 said:
great minds think alike Jo.

I have done a little surfing and have seen some of those videos too.

I have been intrigued by the bubble pump or brumby pump. It does take electricity but just for the compressor and I can power that by solar.

I don't have a good running stream close so the wheel deal won't work for me.
What's wrong with a windmill?

Besides, one of these things is neater than a windmill. :lol2: Just think of all the greese fittings you could put on this thing.

TexasBred":1wo94gt3 said:
Check into ram pumps....been using them for ages.
Yeah but you have to have the water flowing to get a ram to work.

pdfangus":rjlv98ft said:
nothing wrong with a windmill but I don't have one and I can not afford one.I have a solar panel.
i ran across one that was hit by a tornado for $200 dollars, replaced some bent and broken parts wound up with about $600 in it ....

TexasBred":1z139e45 said:
dun":1z139e45 said:
TexasBred":1z139e45 said:
Check into ram pumps....been using them for ages.
Yeah but you have to have the water flowing to get a ram to work.
Got one in a spring fed sstock tank right now pumping water to two other tanks.
But that doesn;t get the water out of the ground, the spring does that.

I would love to put in a ram and have been trying to get some other folks around here to give it a try.

I personally don't have access to a running stream and I don't have any fall to create head pressure.

I do have access to my neighbors pond and currently use a solar powered pump to pump from that.

what I am thinking of is when the pump gives out, I may replace it with a 12 volt compressor and use the air pump method.

this is the type of pump I am currently using but not the exact model.

I am pumping water about 40 feet vertically and 800 feet distance and have more than enough water for ten head of livestock running two hours a day and keeping 750 gallons of storage full.

flojet_pump.jpg

But it does move it "up hill". With a large enough ram and tall enough stand pipe it might do it tho. Never tried it or had the need to.

TexasBred":38ygy7qe said:

But it does move it "up hill". With a large enough ram and tall enough stand pipe it might do it tho. Never tried it or had the need to.
We used rams in the desert. A decent fall and you can get really good lift. Problem is that they're not all that effectgive. Don;t recall the particulars but it has to do with the volume coming is much greater then the vloume coming out because of the ram itself

Latest posts