pump house roof

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
Its a good idea to make the roof of your pump house easily removable so that when your underground pump brakes the "pump man" want come out and cut a hole in the top of your brand new roof.
:mad:

Yeah. I thought about that after I put the roof over the well. Just a matter of time before I have to cut a hole in the floor of the loft and the roof of the barn. P^7 (Prior Proper Planning Prevents P?ss Poor Performance)

I'm glad I'm not the only person all this neat stuff happens to.

I've got my well head 1 foot east and 1 foot south of the well house. Mine has been pulled three times with their boom truck with no problem.

Eventhough we have the city water available, my wife and kids prefer the well water so thats what we use.

My well house is one of those 6'x6' aluminum buildings that you buy at the store. we have insulated the inside very well. The top is only held on my a dozen screws or so. When we need to pull the pump. We get the cordless drill and remove the screws. Two of us can lift the top off and set it out of the way so we can pull the pump.

Nowland Farms":10xb1l23 said:
Eventhough we have the city water available, my wife and kids prefer the well water so thats what we use.

My well house is one of those 6'x6' aluminum buildings that you buy at the store. we have insulated the inside very well. The top is only held on my a dozen screws or so. When we need to pull the pump. We get the cordless drill and remove the screws. Two of us can lift the top off and set it out of the way so we can pull the pump.

Don't try that around here. There's to much natural gas in the water. My neighbor did something similar to what you did. When the contacts sparked from the pressure switch, his well house exploded. I think he is only 340 foot deep too.

My well head is less than a foot inside the door, the well is only 76 ft. deep or so. My well guy said it shouldn't be a problem pull the piping out. I sure hope he's right! The well is only 2 years old so maybe it'll be awhile before I have problems.
;-)

I had some well work done about a month ago. It was near where our old house is and the well head is under the well house. The guy that does the well service around here called me on my cell phone and asked, "does the roof come off the well house or do I need to lift the whole house". It just led me to belive that the "norm" for well houses is to have either a removable top or the house itself lifts up if the head is inside.

He ended up lifting the roof off it. The 2x4 roof joists were not nailed to anything and fitted into notched spaces where they meet the top of the well house. Lifting it messed up a few shingles on the side but it went on and off pretty easy, just dropped right back into the notches when he was finished. The lid is pretty heavy being made out of plywood and shingled.

Our new home has the well head outside and our pressure tank is in the basement.

J

Latest posts