Pudding

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
A very good friend of mine has his Birthday tomorrow and our group of friends is throwing him a party.....I have to bring along a pudding :shock: . The thing is I never make pudding, was thinking of just buying some ice cream :lol:

Does anyone perhaps have a simple but nice recipe for me, something chocolaty and nutty preferably?

That looks good but a lot of work. The easy way out is buy a box of butterscotch pudding mix and make that. I don't know what the instructions say on the box but if it says use water, use milk instead heated in a double boiler. If you want nuts on it toast some almonds and chop them up and put on top. I've never actually made butterscotch pudding that way, or any other way for that matter. My recipe idea is more like theoretical. If you do it, let me know if it's any good! :D

P.S.- I just had another great idea if you want it chocolate- put a couple of tablespoons of cocoa in with the butterscotch mix and increase your milk a little.

One other thing, put the pudding in individual serving wine glasses and chill the refrigerator.

Thanks ga.prime :D . I stay quite a distance from town so couldn't nip into town to get a butterscotch pudding. So instead of making something I just bought a chocolate caramel walnut cake and ice cream on my way to the party on Saterday....it went down well but was so rich it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up :shock:

Am still going to try out your suggestion, with Xmas on it's way I'll sure be needing to make dessert....will let you know.

alison":1fa9ygoy said:
...it went down well but was so rich it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up
That's often the case with store bought confections!

alisonb":1fa9ygoy said:
Am still going to try out your suggestion, with Xmas on it's way I'll sure be needing to make dessert....will let you know.
My mom used to make butterscotch pudding because my dad loved it and she did it similar to the way I described. I know for sure she used the double boiler. It was really good. I've almost talked myself into making some too! :lol2:

Ali many years ago I would sometimes take a stab at making fudge. It usually came out about like pudding. :lol: :lol:

Fudge :shock: , don't even mention that....ya got my hair on the back of my neck standing up :lol:

Latest posts