Proteam auctions

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score

I will be interested in seeing how things sell. The machinery auction here Saturday was noticeably cheaper and lots of things didn't meet the reserve.

I will be interested in seeing how things sell. The machinery auction here Saturday was noticeably cheaper and lots of things didn't meet the reserve.
I used to follow this auction all the time about a year and a half ago and everything was severely overpriced. hopefully things are coming down. I would always rather buy used than new.

From looking through the equipment not a lot of good equipment to buy. Since the buyer's premium was added at the auctions, they have steadily gone downhill. It seems a lot has shifted to online sites without the fees.

Last edited:
From looking through the equipment not a lot of good equipment to buy. Since the buyer's premium was added at the auctions, they have steadily gone downhill. It seems a lot has shifted to online sites without the fees.

The popular site Ebay is the same way. They can't fee the seller enough and I bet it is not half what is was and a lot more junk. Dad always told me you live, and you let live. A lot of people are going to be in Hell over the ole mighty dollar.
It wasn't very good machinery but i bought a couple bargains.
This auction was 5% from the seller and 5% from the buyer with no charge if it didn't sell.
Proteam is absolute I think. You consign it and it will sell no matter the price. Plus i think 10% buyers premium plus more if you bid online.
Tyler Brothers sale next month charges the seller only. I actually like this way better.

It wasn't very good machinery but i bought a couple bargains.
This auction was 5% from the seller and 5% from the buyer with no charge if it didn't sell.
Proteam is absolute I think. You consign it and it will sell no matter the price. Plus i think 10% buyers premium plus more if you bid online.
Tyler Brothers sale next month charges the seller only. I actually like this way better.

I really like the online bidding as you can set in comfort and buy, unlike standing out all day in the hot sun or rain waiting. That 2% extra can add up though for that comfort.

Last edited:
I'd like to find some decent drill bits.

I've bought probably five sets over the last ten years, don't use them much, and all the new ones are crappier and more expensive than the last set. They either break or they don't cut.

I had a couple of jobs to do in the last couple of days and tried to use the newer bits and they wouldn't do the job. I dug out my dad's old set that I've kept for decades and used the 60/70 year old bit... and it cut like butter.

I don't know what industries are using for bits. I stopped by the local welding show, a pretty big outfit run by a great guy, and he said they don't have any brand they buy a lot of because they are all garbage today.

I've bought probably five sets over the last ten years, don't use them much, and all the new ones are crappier and more expensive than the last set. They either break or they don't cut.

I had a couple of jobs to do in the last couple of days and tried to use the newer bits and they wouldn't do the job. I dug out my dad's old set that I've kept for decades and used the 60/70 year old bit... and it cut like butter.

I don't know what industries are using for bits. I stopped by the local welding show, a pretty big outfit run by a great guy, and he said they don't have any brand they buy a lot of because they are all garbage today.
Seems like newer is not better anymore with the exception of electronics and when they go bad will cost a lot to fix. You can make more money selling junk than good stuff. Also throw in the government regs and it can even get worse.

Gotta admit... that's an intimidating website. I might have to be a metallurgical engineer to decipher what I need there. And I finally found a price for what I thought was a 3/8 drill (not sure because they speak a very different language) and it was $33.95 with another option that was $47.25... I think.

And this is one of the problems. I've spent some good money for what I thought was going to be relatively good drills... and the amount I spent wasn't justified by the results I got. So once bit, twice shy.

At this point I'd like to find a manufacturer that would sell me a single bit to use so I could test it out first. Even better... send me a sample bit so I can see if I want to invest in a set. At $34 a bit I'd need to know they were worth buying before I would pay that much.

I'm sure there's a lot better out there, but I bought a set of these the other year after breaking off a titanium bolt in the exhaust manifold of a new 6.7 Ford and was impressed for the money.

I'd like to meet the engineer at Ford who thought it was a good idea to use M6 titanium bolts threaded into cast iron exhaust manifolds...

I'm sure there's a lot better out there, but I bought a set of these the other year after breaking off a titanium bolt in the exhaust manifold of a new 6.7 Ford and was impressed for the money.

I'd like to meet the engineer at Ford who thought it was a good idea to use M6 titanium bolts threaded into cast iron exhaust manifolds...
Yeah, I got a set of those and they cut very well... but they also snap if you give them a harsh look. Very brittle. And the set was a reasonable price but the individual bits, if you want to replace one you've broken, are very expensive.

Latest posts