Production Line Up

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Here is what I call a "Production Line Up". Its 4 generations of females, starting with the oldest cow, then her daughter, granddaughter, and great granddaughter. This is the second best cow family on our place. We bought the oldest cow as a 3 year old, and raised the rest of the females. We've got others out of this family, too. They've all done real well for us. We've got a lot of championships and World Championships out of this cow family.

Country Stacy Ellen
Country Smoke x Delta Amber
She's a '96 model with a super nice full sister to the next female at side.
BigMomma.jpg

SD Chandler's Redemption
NP Redeemer's Redemption x Country Stacy Ellen
'01 model
SDChandlersRedemption-01.jpg

Sanddollar Tawnie
RCR Scorpion's Stinger x SD Chandler's Redemption
D.O.B. 3-30-2006
1st calf born sired by Stinger, was Reserve Female at Fort Worth Stock Show as a Junior (about 150 females in show).
SanddollarTawnie-001.jpg

SanddollarTawnie-002.jpg

Heifer born 3-30-2008
HD Tacamo (reigning Youth National Champion Bull) x Sanddollar Tawnie
Tawnie_Heifer-05.jpg

Comments are always welcome. I was just sitting in the pasture yesterday watching these 4 and was thinking about their dependability and consistency.

Ryan

those sure are some nice looking cows.you can tell they have some good breeding behind them.

Thats a nice cow family. I see the carried the udder along with them. I love the grandmother and the daughter OH heck I like them all.

They are fine!Then of course they closely resemble swedish red cattle, wich are close to my heart!
I like the horns a bit upward rather than completely lateral, but then no three are deepest of them and solid colour so they all have something to contribute with.

RYAN, according to Longhorn standards which has the best set of horns?
I've been to a show/sale but didnt pay much attn to how they evaluated them. I think the 2nd set would look the best on the front of my lincoln continental. but with me there is no accounting for taste.

Avalon":17ne5bkh said:
RYAN, according to Longhorn standards which has the best set of horns?

Horns are really a personal preference for each individual breeder. However, the trend in the longhorn industry right now is "more is better." As of right now, the second female would be considered "best" as far as horn production goes.

My favorite thing about this cow family is that each generation is better than the previous. I think each female is better than her dam, and i think the calf has the chance to be the better than her dam, too. That is what I think a "breeding program" should be about, getting better by selection. The way I look at it is this: if you're not going forward, then you're getting left behind.

Ryan