Probois

Help Support CattleToday:

Syd Sydney

Reaction score
I have read many times on the board about probios especially from Alice.So I was wondering if anyone in Alberta new where you can get them.As I had not heard this term before reading it on this board and it sounds like it would be benifical to give to my calves that I have to medicate.
Thanx Syd.

Probios is a brand name. It's a microbial...a probiotic. Ask at the feed store or vet supply place for microbials. It comes in a tube the has a plunger on it. I'll bet they know. It's also made for horses, and has the same stuff in it...it's just more expensive.

For that matter, look on the internet for livestock supplies. I'm certain you can order it if all else fails. AND, if you have a Tractor Supply where you live, I know they have it.

You can tell I like that probios, huh! :)

Alice

dun":6tr5yrm4 said:
Valley Vet has a nmber of them:
http://www.valleyvet.com/ and enter probiotic in the search window

One of the worst things anyone in Canada can do is shop via the internet to some American outfit like Valley Vet. Unless they have an outlet in Canada - which I do not believe they do. I could be wrong.

By the time shipping , customs duties, exchange and taxes and such - the price is often nearly double what the same or similar product is when purchased in Canada.

I know there will be exceptions - but they are few and far between.

The best answer for this person would be to contact his local UFA and ask the cattle rep to order in - and I would be surprised if it was not already in stock - the product he needs.

Calving season is here so they will either have it or be able to get it within 24 hours.

UFA is one of the best in Canada - unfortunately it is only available in Alberta and I believe - one outlet in Dawson Creek, B.C. That store used to be fuel only but it may have changed.

Now - no exchange, no tax, no shipping and no customs in the pricing.

Cabela's is an example. To buy something there will add almost 40% on to the price if shipped into Canada. I know, because I am often forced into this situation.

So for those in Alberta - visit the UFA - for those in Sask the Co-op usually has it.

B.C.? No clue and Ontario - well good luck - but there might be a small feed store that can help you - or a UCO.

TSC in Canada - you take your chances - sometimes they are more of a "I just moved to the country and need lawn furniture" store. Sometimes they are good - saw one of those once - but the store near me is not well run.

Regards,

Bez>

If you are caught 'in a pinch' plain yogurt will be a somewhat suitable substitute. It must have live and active cultures. I have used the yogurt several times with good results.

Katherine

Latest posts