private message

Help Support CattleToday:

You send a private messgae either by clicking the pm button on the persons post that you want to pm or you cna click on your mailbox button and select new message. If you don;t know someones "handle" you can select look for name or some such.
If you have a pm it's usually indicated down in the lower lerft hand corner fo the screen, or you can move you;r pointer to the mailbox buttton and it will tell you how many pms you have. After you send a pm, if you look in your outbox and you see it's still there it hasn;t been read, if it's not there it has been read.

dun

it should show you have one now

Hippie Rancher":2qczap46 said:
I have something set so this forum notifies me in my regular e-mail that I have a message here. (Not sure how I did that, sorry)

you can do it in your "Profile" & choose to get an e-mail or a popup.

Notify on new Private Message: Yes No

Pop up window on new Private Message:
Some templates may open a new window to inform you when new private messages arrive. Yes No

Carl the inbox is for board members convinence and a way to send private messages to each other. While it works like e-mail it isn't connected to any outside e-mail client or program. I don't think. Maybe I just haven't looked closely enough.