Privacy

Help Support CattleToday:

tytower

Reaction score
A little bit on privacy
I was stunned the other day to find my digital camera had my name in it and each and every photo had my name and my camera details in it's file .

There is a free program called WinHex available from http://www.x-ways.net/

which is interesting when having a look at all files and this one easily moves around the FAT tables etc.

Grab the program , open a jpeg file and have a look

Additionally I use Open Office now because it is free ,is transparent ,uses only a fraction of the space and doesn't put your name in each file like Microsoft office does. Will read and save in Microsoft Office format if you wish.

So whats going on with the .jpeg and .doc files? Who is writing this software that snoops and more importantly why?

Wherever your document or photo files appear ,in court , police, govt offices your name is all over them , careful now, don't ring on your mobile phone theve got all that too !

First off I'm certain my camera does not have my name...

...second I wouldn't mind if it did...

...and third, if a person didn't want their name on any of the pictures they'd taken I'd wonder why not?

Doesn't sound like they're taking family pics for the Christmas cards.

milkmaid":3to52ro2 said:
First off I'm certain my camera does not have my name...

...second I wouldn't mind if it did...

...and third, if a person didn't want their name on any of the pictures they'd taken I'd wonder why not?

Doesn't sound like they're taking family pics for the Christmas cards.

Depends on what kind of photos you are taking... My son found a funny one on the camara that I had taken of my husband when he was less than clothed... OOPS!!! Nothing important showing, pillow in strategic area. I printed and framed it.

No, I won't post it. I took a vow to only go through one divorce.

Latest posts