Priority, Chisum and Investment?

Help Support CattleToday:

mncowboy

Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone has had a negative experience with SAV Priority, S Chisum and Sitz Investment. My plan is to use all three on a small group of cows in hopes of creating females to be retained. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

mncowboy

I don't have any experience with S Chisum or Sitz Investment but we are flushing a cow that as some of the same genetics as the Priority bull. We are currently flushing a cow that goes back to the SAV May 7238. Our cow is http://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl.a ... XWtA%3d%3d. We ran her calf across the scales on April 22nd he was 164 days old and weighed 606 pounds for a 3.69 gain since birth. On the down side the calf weighed 98 pounds at birth. We flushed the cow twice so far once to our now deceased herd sire Coleman EXT 6149 but we flushed her on 1/4/15 which was pushing her a bit since she didn't calve until the end of November. We did get four transferable eggs and when we ultra sounded in March found that all three took three bulls and one heifer. We also flushed her again on March 16th to SAV Resource and put 16 eggs into the tank. We will be putting the bull calf on test at Florida to see how he continues to perform.

gizmom

nope she spit him right out got up and cleaned him up. He has been a stud since birth.

edit to include: I don't have any issue with a 98 # birth weight just wanted to be up front in case the plan was to use on heifers.

gizmom

Investment is the only one I have experienced
I have a Investment heifer we just entered in a Angus show. And I am not one that shows everyday
I flushed a old cow to Investment in December and we a putting in 8 embryos this month
I sold other bulls I purchased this past year on Advantage and kept the Investment

I am sure you will have some good results from the other bulls of your choices. Good luck with your Ai program I hope it works.

My problem with AI is with parentage I bred some cows to AI bulls and then turned them with my own bulls. The calves were so good (they just had to be AI sired right ?) when parentage them come to find out 75 percent of them were out of my own bulls

I saw Chisholm he is a block ( head neck and body) not very big compared to the other bulls he was stalled with at stud. This was the second time I saw him the past two years.

Latest posts