Pretty well says It

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Leviticus, chapter 18

1: And the LORD said to Moses,

2: "Say to the people of Israel, I am the LORD your God.

3: You shall not do as they do in the land of Egypt, where you dwelt, and you shall not do as they do in the land of Canaan, to which I am bringing you. You shall not walk in their statutes.

4: You shall do my ordinances and keep my statutes and walk in them. I am the LORD your God.

5: You shall therefore keep my statutes and my ordinances, by doing which a man shall live: I am the LORD.

6: "None of you shall approach any one near of kin to him to uncover nakedness. I am the LORD.

7: You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father, which is the nakedness of your mother; she is your mother, you shall not uncover her nakedness.

8: You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's wife; it is your father's nakedness.

9: You shall not uncover the nakedness of your sister, the daughter of your father or the daughter of your mother, whether born at home or born abroad.

10: You shall not uncover the nakedness of your son's daughter or of your daughter's daughter, for their nakedness is your own nakedness.

11: You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's wife's daughter, begotten by your father, since she is your sister.

12: You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's sister; she is your father's near kinswoman.

13: You shall not uncover the nakedness of your mother's sister, for she is your mother's near kinswoman.

14: You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's brother, that is, you shall not approach his wife; she is your aunt.

15: You shall not uncover the nakedness of your daughter-in-law; she is your son's wife, you shall not uncover her nakedness.

16: You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother's wife; she is your brother's nakedness.

17: You shall not uncover the nakedness of a woman and of her daughter, and you shall not take her son's daughter or her daughter's daughter to uncover her nakedness; they are your near kinswomen; it is wickedness.

18: And you shall not take a woman as a rival wife to her sister, uncovering her nakedness while her sister is yet alive.

19: "You shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness while she is in her menstrual uncleanness.

20: And you shall not lie carnally with your neighbor's wife, and defile yourself with her.

21: You shall not give any of your children to devote them by fire to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the LORD.

22: You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

23: And you shall not lie with any beast and defile yourself with it, neither shall any woman give herself to a beast to lie with it: it is perversion.

24: "Do not defile yourselves by any of these things, for by all these the nations I am casting out before you defiled themselves;

25: and the land became defiled, so that I punished its iniquity, and the land vomited out its inhabitants.

26: But you shall keep my statutes and my ordinances and do none of these abominations, either the native or the stranger who sojourns among you

27: (for all of these abominations the men of the land did, who were before you, so that the land became defiled);

28: lest the land vomit you out, when you defile it, as it vomited out the nation that was before you.

29: For whoever shall do any of these abominations, the persons that do them shall be cut off from among their people.

30: So keep my charge never to practice any of these abominable customs which were practiced before you, and never to defile yourselves by them: I am the LORD your God."

:clap: THANK YOU for posting this grand verses!!!!

AMEN!!!!!! Wish the world followed these words we wouldnt be in the bad state we are.......

I am starting to sound like a preacher at a creek crossing trying to holler up a revival. You can try and justify anything, in the end there are no atheist when it is to late.

I am getting down from the pulpit now.

Sounds like the TRUTH to me. If you're not hearing it wherever you're currently attending, a change is in order.

2 Tim. 4:3
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

rwtherefords":hk69icy5 said:
Sounds like the TRUTH to me. If you're not hearing it wherever you're currently attending, a change is in order.

2 Tim. 4:3
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Amen to that cause when the four horsemen arrive it will be to late.

Caustic,

You weren't on the pulpit and you weren't Preaching, you were just reciting scripture. No need to apologize for doing a good thing. I appreciate it.

Look at what happened to the all great nations of old, when they began to live outside of these simple natural rules.

Thank you for sharing that. Its been too long since I read that.

Crowder, pay close attention to number 22. :shock:

Maybe old Caustic could give the Sunday morning sermon at the git-together. 8)

:D :clap: :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just a point on "religions". How can there be more than one religion if they claim to preach the Word of God? There is only one. Christian. Anything that disagrees or teaches contrary to It is not Christian.

1 Corinthians 1:11-17
11 My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you.
12 What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas[a]"; still another, "I follow Christ."
13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul?
14 I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius,
15 so no one can say that you were baptized into my name.
16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.)
17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Mike

glad you posted that caustic. for the feller that says were relatives of the chimpanzee, i don;t see them finding cures for deseases or building space shuttles....you may see this homosexual behavior being exspressed in animals but - GOD- gave man a thinking brain.he also gave us dominion over the animals,

ALACOWMAN":21y6fh0i said:
............you may see this homosexual behavior being exspressed in animals but - GOD- gave man a thinking brain.he also gave us dominion over the animals,

You do? I know hyena males will sometimes show dominance by forcing another male to assume a female stance but I do not believe the dominant hyena mates with him. It is obvious the animal knows that this act is not mating since his goal is to force another male to submit to his dominance so the alpha male (not Gore) can mate with the females of the pack.

The hyena isn't queer LOL.

Remember when you watch those "nature" shows the people produce them have the usual same left wing agenda, and if using animal behavior they think they can win they will.

Mike

The following was a response I found amusing to the literal interpretation of Leviticus 18. It's not my writing. I'm not clever enough to come up with these examples.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord-Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual cleanliness-Lev.15:19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination-Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading
glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends et their hair trimmed, including the
hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig
makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two
different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing
garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lv.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

ALACOWMAN wrote:

GOD- gave man a thinking brain.

Hey, I actually agree with you, although I prefer to call it intellect instead of "thinking brain".

People with this amazing "thinking brain" should realize that a dogmatic, literal interpretation of the Bible on all moral matters is beyond anachronistic, it is dangerous, outdated and downright silly.

But, if you insist on it, perhaps you should worry less about what our homosexual brothers and sisters are up to in their bedrooms and worry more about fulfilling the the Hebrew tribal laws I listed above.

I plan on keeping my bull to breed my heifers instead of burning him.

call it intellect or what ever you want. im just a dumb cowboy but you can bet no matter how you try and discredit the bible that the world is winding out of control. no im not a scholar by any means.... but i would go ahead and burn the bull. since male and female are not necceserily meant to be together/. its a freedom of choice right... i bet he dont hang around long if he dont do what you or GOD intended him to do

ALACOWMAN":2cuynvm0 said:
call it intellect or what ever you want. im just a dumb cowboy but you can bet no matter how you try and discredit the bible that the world is winding out of control. no im not a scholar by any means.... but i would go ahead and burn the bull. since male and female are not necceserily meant to be together/. its a freedom of choice right... i bet he dont hang around long if he dont do what you or GOD intended him to do

Alacowman, Aside from the intellect, seems to me you are just talking plain old common sense. How did you like the way that started out, "Not my words....." Do you suppose they would be quoting something that doesn't support their arguments?

The birght side to all this is that they are not passing on their genes to future generations.

Infact my new bull will be here this week. and the moma cows seem anxious to meet him. i wonder why that is.... could it be the devils perverted mind or the natural way GOD INTENDED.... you profess to be a cattleman yet you are a atheist and sympathetic with homosexual life style this aint adding up

badaxemoo

Your post shows your knowledge in the Bible.
You state the usual smoke and mirrors that most non-christians do in an effort to void God's Word.

#1 is just to stupid.

If you will read (actually have to study the Word) you will see that Exodus 21:7 is speaking of a wife or concubine.
Try looking up the meaning of the words used and also read text that go with it. It will make it very clear.

#3 If you are going to a woman not your wife then you are breaking the law so what do you care?

#4 Again your being ahhhh what is the word? Ignorant? Jesus tells us to obey the laws of the land as much as possible (meaning unless the laws tell us to go against God's Word).

#5 Again you blow it. God's Word also tells us that God is the judge and you will not kill. If you will at least look into it you will see that people just didn't grab someone and kill them. There was a trial before the priests. (unless they weren't obeying God).

#6 yes I can. The Word of God also says that any sin is as bad as any other sin because all sin (no matter what type of sin) will lead to death.

#7 It is talking about physical defects such as a blind eye or a damaged eye.

#8 Try reading verse 28 with it. But if I am not sure I go for being careful.

#9 carcasses is the dead body not the skin (John the Baptist wore camel's hair).

#10 Hmmm. I would suggest he not. As for the cloth polyester is plastic not cloth... and if you look into that SOME you will find it references linen and wool. As a note they dont make that anymore as far as I know because it mildewed easily.
Again see #5.

If we were under the old covenent and not under the new (dont mistaken new covenent for doing away with law) God's Word says that He will put the law in their hearts and minds (Jesus giving the Spirit).

So before putting something down you dont know much about please check it out.

Mike

also christians live by the NEW TESTAMENT not the old laws and they still speak against homosexuals.MAN ITS AS PLAIN AS THE NOSE ON YOUR FACE. it just depends on how much slack you want on your rope. can you live with it and let it slide. are do you hold fast.

you profess to be a cattleman yet you are a atheist and sympathetic with homosexual life style this aint adding up

1. Where did I profess to be a cattleman? I have had cattle for two years. I currently can't count my herd on my fingers, but if I take off my shoes I can. I don't think those kind of numbers make me a "cattleman" and I wouldn't claim it.

I come to this site to get some of the good advice that YOU and the other experienced farmers and ranchers give about cattle.

I made the mistake of coming into the coffee shop.

I know a lot more about politics than I do about cattle. I humbly ask questions on the cattle boards, but don't feel the need to defer to anyone here in political discussion.

2. Where did I ever claim to be an atheist? Is anyone who doesn't agree with a literal, fundamental interpretation of the Bible an atheist?

3. How can being tolerant of sexual differences preclude someone from being involved in agriculture? Believe it or not there are gay and lesbian farmers out there. I know two who live in my township.

You can bet some of the old bachelor farmers that we all know never married for a reason.

politics has absolutly no business in religion although it happens way too much.... now as a cattleman with your hand ON GODS CREATIONS. seeing the miracles happen. JESUS humbled himself and set down to eat with sinners and murderers. just too get down too their level so he could bring them up to his and for that we can ALL BE THANKFUL .

Latest posts