Pretty Cool

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Was getting the last of our farming done today.
While I was on one strip I pushed out a jack rabbit. This rabbit started up the hill on my left. I just sort of looked his way. He was getting towards the top and here comes a gold eagle.

I watched the eagle make a sudden dive, but missed. The rabbit has turned to the left and is heading down the hill. The eagle makes another dive and hits the rabbit in the side knocking it off balance, but in the process the eagle clips the ground with it's right wing and has to make an emergency landing before it crashed.
rabbit is still running and the eagle is sitting there.
Eagle takes off and flys after the rabbit. They drop behind another hill, but I see the eagle rise up and do another dive.
Nothing can be seen, but after a bit of time and I see the eagle fly off. I was too far away to see who won this match.

See some pretty neat stuff outside.

My great uncle saw something really special; A kite trying to catch a hare. The hare was too strong for the kite, so after the kite had put its talons into it, the hare started running and the kite used one foot to try to gripple at anything to hold the hare. Finally it got a goood grip in one of those traditional fences of ours, and still held on to the hare. The hare made a leap for it, and tore the kite in half! My grandmothers uncle kept the half that had stuck to the fence and showed it to peole on occation. No telling how long the hare kept his share! :banana:

I watched a kestral take a rat once from the fields over near where I lived as a child. but the best thing was seeing a kingfisher dive and catch a fish from the river. How wonderful nature is.

I saw a Coopers hawk take a cowbird one day. It was an amazing sight and you would have thought the cowbird got hit with a choked shotgun. Just a couple of months ago I also saw a barn owl sitting in a tree eating what I thought was a rabbit. I walked closer and spooked it and it flew off leaving his meal - a kitten. PETA could have raised a lot of money with that one. :nod:

As I write there is a seagull attacking a smaller bird in the sky.... what a racket going on, I hate seagulls, they are such noisy birds and make a terrible mess everywhere, it is hard to get it off of your paint work on the car. There used to be a Barn Owl live at the end of the garden when I was a child, he was cool to watch all he ever seemed to get was mice and a few shrew, the kittens were never touched thank goodness. as I think he would have been meeting his maker quicker than he thought, as my Dad would have been a good aim with the shot gun, he loved his Cats more than birds.

A friend and i were outside visiting one day when a kestral flew buy looking like he was after something when out of noware a redtail hawk swooped down knocked him to the ground tore his head off and flew away with him was quite a sight and lots of noise as both hawks were schreeching. Didnt know till then that hawks ate other hawks!

Latest posts