Pour on wormer

Help Support CattleToday:

Usually it will say on the label the temp range for storage.
But I would say no. Simply because pour ons do not work well for deworming anyway. If you want to deworm them well, use an injectable. If you want to deworm them better, use a tube wormer drench.

I would check the label to be sure, but I have used several ivermectin pourons that froze and used ok according to label.

Bmoore how do you that the wormer did its job?? You can use anything that you want, but unless you do a fecal before and after you could just pour some water on their back and call it good. :)

bmoore87":1d6lvi7t said:
I would check the label to be sure, but I have used several ivermectin pourons that froze and used ok according to label.

I know some of mine have had to froze before and I still haven't had a problem with them.

piedmontese":2k9ee0fe said:
My pour on wormer got frozen. Will it still be good to use once it's thawed?
What brand does freeze? I thought most of them had a oil based or alcohol carrier.

branguscowgirl":yshfw60j said:
Bmoore how do you that the wormer did its job?? You can use anything that you want, but unless you do a fecal before and after you could just pour some water on their back and call it good. :)

Haven't used ivermectin pour on in the last couple years unless to get rid of ticks, lice, bugs and only then if I cant get something better (Brute, synergized delicer). We use safeguard to worm everything in the mixer ration.

According to the label on a couple that I have looked at it works after being frozen just as good as before it was frozen however little or much that may be.

Thanks for all the helpful info. We're going to use an injectable now and use the pour in the fall

branguscowgirl":3l6tn1s0 said:

Because they scour and get dirty tails when due for worming, firm up and have clean tails within 48 hrs of being given pour-on.
I'll try it with water and see if it has the same effect, thanks. Might be cheaper.