Pour-On Dewormer

Help Support CattleToday:

mitchwi

Reaction score
I've always used the injection kind in the past, but would like to start using the pour-on. If we are supposed to have a rainy weekend can I still use it? Or should the medication be able to dry?

Thanks, Michele

They are different. Some can be used in rain and some say to use when there is no probability of rain for up to 24 hours. You will need to check the labels to be safe.

Cydectin is rain fast, but I would try to put it on when you have a dry time just in case.

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":3j7elqym said:
I know the ivomec pour on I purchased said it can be used in any type of weather.
Only Epernex Pour-On labels indicate they can be used in the rain, standard Ivermectin products should not be - at least the ones I have been involved/exposed to.

The ivomec bottle states not to apply it within 6 hours of rain. The Cydectin bottle i have says it is rain proof. I still would wait for better days.

mitchwi":18n7dw2z said:
I've always used the injection kind in the past, but would like to start using the pour-on. If we are supposed to have a rainy weekend can I still use it? Or should the medication be able to dry?

Thanks, Michele
Michele,
I would wait for a dry day, to allow the absorption of the product to soak in better.

Pres. Crowder (like all politicians) is right, sort of. I certainly wouldn't use pour on in a driving rain but if it's a light drizzle and I had the cows and some help all in the same place - I'd get 'er done. Wormer is too expensive to waste on really wet cattle.

Thanks everyone, I did pass on application this weekend, saturday was off and on light rain, but Sunday was a soaker! Hopefully this weekend!

Latest posts