Postal service working Sunday's now?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
During the last few Sunday's I have seen mail delivery trucks out on the road, 3 or 4 times during the last several weeks. I also heard a sports radio host say something about it in passing. I have yet to recieve any mail on Sunday and the closes post office is still close Saturday and Sunday. Anybody have any any insight on what's going on with the post office and Sunday's? I can and will ask at the post office, but the closes is 20+ minutes one way and it has to be important enough to be on my mind going through town. Just curious, thanks.

Alan

I think I've seen big trucks on the road on Sunday, like they'd use to transport large volumes of mail to a major city, but since you said delivery trucks I assume that's not it. No idea what that could have been about.

Are you sure they are not privately owned vehicles that are branded USPS. All of our rural carriers furnish their own vehicle. I have seen some that buy surplus vehicles from the USPS to use to run their routes

IIRC, it's a deal set up between USPS and Amazon only, for 7 day a week package delivery and for USPS Priority mail service. Supposed to be a several year trial thing. Only available in certain areas too if my memory isn't making things up.

These are the "old school" mail delivery trucks, I believe they are made by jeep. Judging by the lady driving it all the time I have seen the truck I would say she was a mail carrier. I also heard somthing on the radio about it, but wasn't paying attention the whole time. She may be using it to go back and fourth to church....... Nah.

We have two carriers who cover our area and both drive Subaru wagons. Haven't seen them, but those are their personal cars.

greybeard":3t5uzu0f said:
IIRC, it's a deal set up between USPS and Amazon only, for 7 day a week package delivery and for USPS Priority mail service. Supposed to be a several year trial thing. Only available in certain areas too if my memory isn't making things up.

That makes sense, thanks. I still ask if I can remember at the P O.

Alan":1k60fu8i said:
These are the "old school" mail delivery trucks, I believe they are made by jeep. Judging by the lady driving it all the time I have seen the truck I would say she was a mail carrier. I also heard somthing on the radio about it, but wasn't paying attention the whole time. She may be using it to go back and fourth to church....... Nah.

We have two carriers who cover our area and both drive Subaru wagons. Haven't seen them, but those are their personal cars.

Those old jeeps are collectors and easy to work on. I know a mail carrier that has several of them bought from surplus I sometimes see her on her route in one. they are left hand drive also. jeep still makes a left hand drive you can order that way but the PO does not use them here. they have a small van style vehicles that are used in town deliveries.

greybeard":2jhonsse said:
This is the case over here, can only guess it to be the same World wide, as Amazon deliver all over.

Latest posts