Gelbvieh 5 3:
scan0002-1_zps5812761d.jpg

M5farm4:
IMAG0236_zps40d421b9.jpg

Dylan Biggs 5:
734743_462375513811656_1028745403_n_zps09508f59.jpg

ga.prime 6:
P1030553_zpsb3933989-1_zps0fcc219a.jpg

I would like to thank all of our submitters again for sending in a pic for the contest AND everyone who has voted . Your participation in the photo contest is very much appreciated . :tiphat:

#1 looks like it was made for milking a jersey cow....you just lead her up there, she stick her head in and you catch it and milk her. I voted for #3 just because they were working cattle thru it.

I also voted for 3, because the kid in the back looks like he could grow into a decent fellow.

Hope to get more info. about the headgate in picture # 4....I use to have one like it back in the late 80's early 90's. Best headgate I've ever used. Lost all info. on it and have not seen any like it around here in years. Ran thousands of cattle thru that thing and never a hickup.

TexasBred":2c97pare said:
Hope to get more info. about the headgate in picture # 4....I use to have one like it back in the late 80's early 90's. Best headgate I've ever used. Lost all info. on it and have not seen any like it around here in years. Ran thousands of cattle thru that thing and never a hickup.
TB if I had a dollar for every cow thats been thru that gate. My grand daddy bought it in the late 70's in 99 when he passed my uncle got it and put it on another lot we used it there until he passed in 07. It hadn't been used since. I got it from that lot 3 weeks ago and put it on my lot. I wish I had of took a picture before I took it down off of the old chute. It was overgrown with vines and a lot of old weathered wood boards. The label is still on it but unreadable. I will have to look and see if I have the manual for it. my grandmother keep everything they ever bought. I worked my cows a couple of weeks ago and it worked flawlessly.

M5farm":3by1qx90 said:
TexasBred":3by1qx90 said:
TB if I had a dollar for every cow thats been thru that gate. My grand daddy bought it in the late 70's in 99 when he passed my uncle got it and put it on another lot we used it there until he passed in 07. It hadn't been used since. I got it from that lot 3 weeks ago and put it on my lot. I wish I had of took a picture before I took it down off of the old chute. It was overgrown with vines and a lot of old weathered wood boards. The label is still on it but unreadable. I will have to look and see if I have the manual for it. my grandmother keep everything they ever bought. I worked my cows a couple of weeks ago and it worked flawlessly.

HOpe you find some info. on it M5.....seems the one I had was something like ____ Star.... love how it opened and closed and how the handles could be exchanged to operate from either side. and the gate itself could be adjusted for smaller animals or larger animals. Ran a lot of mature brahman bulls thru it to dehorn them....as I said...never a problem.

I've enjoyed this contest, thanks to all that participated :D .

When I joined CT a couple of years ago I didn't know what you all meant when you referred to a 'chute', amongst a lot of other terminology that is used on the board. A 'chute' this side of the world is referred to as a 'crush'..... I'm still learning :help:

Latest posts