Votes: 3 10.0%

Votes: 6 20.0%

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can you post the days and times the vote will be open and when pictures are due by? I missed the vote on last 2. Thought they would go through the end of the month.
I generally bump the post, as I did Friday, indicating the last day to vote. And sporadically bump the entry thread. Cut off time? Well, that's when I get around to posting the results. I try to post the poll a few days before the end of the month in order to accept later entries. Should we implement a standard set of rules? I'm open to suggestions.

I generally bump the post, as I did Friday, indicating the last day to vote. And sporadically bump the entry thread. Cut off time? Well, that's when I get around to posting the results. I try to post the poll a few days before the end of the month in order to accept later entries. Should we implement a standard set of rules? I'm open to suggestions.
This is not a board I check daily so the updates don't really help me much. 😄

If it was standard like...
Cut off for pics is midnight of each last day of month.
Cut off for voting is the 4th of every month at midnight.

It would for sure help me with both entering and voting to have that stuck in my head.

It would for sure help me with both entering and voting to have that stuck in my head.
If you go to the photo contest subsection you can subscribe to get a notification when a new thread is posted in here.. won't help if you don't log in, but at least when you do it'll be brought to your attention

We should be appreciative that someone has taken the bull by the horns to volunteer for this, so we can have a photo contest.

I missed this one too, but that was my fault. Pictures were great.

You don't check this forum daily. Okay, but are you suggesting that you check other forums daily? Is it because you are busy?

I'll bet TC has better things to do as well.

We should be appreciative that someone has taken the bull by the horns to volunteer for this, so we can have a photo contest.

I missed this one too, but that was my fault. Pictures were great.

You don't check this forum daily. Okay, but are you suggesting that you check other forums daily? Is it because you are busy?

I'll bet TC has better things to do as well.
I made a suggestion to help potentially increase participation.

Is that a problem?

I made a suggestion to help potentially increase participation.

Is that a problem?
No, suggestions are never a problem. Presentation of the suggestions may be.

Nobody can twist your knickers unless you allow them. I suggest you wear your feelings closer than your shoulder.

No, suggestions are never a problem. Presentation of the suggestions may be.

Nobody can twist your knickers unless you allow them. I suggest you wear your feelings closer than your shoulder.
🤔 I don't know what that means. Is the knickers analogy for you or for me?

TC is tough. I'm pretty sure she can take it and will line me out if she doesn't approve. I'm also sure she knows I have supported her from the get go in this.

TC is tough. I'm pretty sure she can take it and will line me out if she doesn't approve. I'm also sure she knows I have supported her from the get go in this.
It was as much for me as it was for you. I have to remind myself sometimes.

If it helps you out I'll shoot you a text when it's getting close. I didn't keep your # so I'll need it .
Maybe you should put one of your employees in charge of y'all's photo contest entry.... just trying to help out

Congratulations TC, great photo. Do you have any information of the history of that stone wall in the photo?
The poll results I am looking at has me as running 2nd on 4 votes. Maybe it just hasn't updated.

Ken

Congratulations TC, great photo. Do you have any information of the history of that stone wall in the photo?
The poll results I am looking at has me as running 2nd on 4 votes. Maybe it just hasn't updated.

Ken
Thanks, Ken. And you brought to my attention that I neglected to turn off the poll and it appears additional votes have been cast. I turned it off and you are now definitely 2nd with pic #7. The learning curve is evidently huge and I appreciate all the support, as well as suggestions and constructive criticism. I'm a work in progress - as is the poll!

There used to be a rock quarry on the property, and we have layers upon layers of primarily limestone. There are still quite a few rock fences, and we used a lot of those rocks to build the fireplaces when we built the house. We're in the base of the Flint Hills, so essentially rocky & hilly. I do have the abstracts to the property from the late 1800's and we have a Subterranean Structure that was built in probably the mid 1800's. In the 1st pic, there are steps leading down and an opening at the back, which was most likely used as a fireplace. The 2nd pic is another tree growing out/along the bank of another creek.
1672615562997.jpeg
1672615629851.jpeg

Wow, that's all very interesting TC, I love that roof, it has been well made to still be standing today. My place was a hive of activity with tin mining from about 1870 but all we have to show for it are holes in the ground and a few rocks stacked on the side of creeks moved out of the way when chasing the alluvial tin. I guess they didn't expect to stay long once the tin ran out so just built bark huts.
Ken

Latest posts