Politics

Help Support CattleToday:

watson brangus

Reaction score
I would like to get everyones advice. I show brangus cattle. My bull won the state livestock show. He also won his divison at Dixie Nationals and was in the hunt for the championship. I am going to Houston in a couple of days. I am thinking about getting to show my bull for me because as you get to the open shows you run into some politics and i am wanting my bull to do the best he can. What do yall think should I show him or hire someone to show them for me?

- Thanks!

It doesn't seem like you have any politics to worry about? Not quite sure where you would as it doesn't seem like you've upset any judges. Or are you thinking of having someone well known show your animal? I suppose you could but ultimately...you want to know, honestly, how good your bull is. Not win because someone well known walked the bull in the ring. If I were you, I'd walk him in myself.

Take him in yourself! He's done well for you, and you can no doubt handle him and show him better than anyone. And be PROUD of him! Good luck! Houston is a fun place to show

Thank you both. And the reason I am worried about the politics is because everytime I go to an open show I will see "buddies" pick their "buddies" calf and someone that is not known very wells calf be misjudged and I am just kind of thinking what is best for my calf.

Thanks for the reply.

If your not a name brand breeder in a big open show politics will most likely place you behind the back scratchers. This will happen more when the show is a point show.

You will also get more out of it if you take him in plus you want people to know who owns the bull as well

Latest posts