pole barn

Help Support CattleToday:

Here in VA I get between $6-9 a sq. foot depending on construction i.e post spacing, roof pitch, trim and site prep. That height will probably put you on the higher end of that. Curious to see what they run around the rest of the country.

I never paid for a pole barn I always built them myself out of power poles they give them away here for free. Let me see if I have a pic of the last one I built. salt any reason why you don't want to build it yourself?

saltbranch":3ns4vcjy said:
Starting to price 40x40x14 Pole barns with metal roof only( no sides) in South Texas. Whats the going rate on something like this?

that size would be 5000-6000 installed here.

skyhightree1 said:
I never paid for a pole barn I always built them myself out of power poles they give them away here for free. Let me see if I have a pic of the last one I built. salt any reason why you don't want to build it yourself?[/quote

I am kicking the idea around. I have never priced one out, that may be the encouragement I need. I just got 2 40' containers and kicking the idea of building truss's to weld to the top of the containers. I 'd like to put 20' between the containers. Hopefully I will start getting quotes back today. If it 5-6k, I think I would pay that.

saltbranch":29dq73b5 said:
skyhightree1":29dq73b5 said:
I never paid for a pole barn I always built them myself out of power poles they give them away here for free. Let me see if I have a pic of the last one I built. salt any reason why you don't want to build it yourself?[/quote

I am kicking the idea around. I have never priced one out, that may be the encouragement I need. I just got 2 40' containers and kicking the idea of building truss's to weld to the top of the containers. I 'd like to put 20' between the containers. Hopefully I will start getting quotes back today. If it 5-6k, I think I would pay that.

Salt this building cost me right at 1000 to build I am just showing you its not the best building but functions for me I had the wood milled that I get from logs that we cut when clearing or tree work . It has 20 foot telephone poles that are 5 feet in the ground with concrete and dirt with anchors on the poles. If you need it done asap yea 5-6k is worth having someone do it. here it would probably be 7500-8000

16x48

skyhightree1":31gikky9 said:
saltbranch":31gikky9 said:
14k for 4.5" in ground 6' with concrete. 2-7/8" with 1:12 pitch and 26 guage galvalume ...thats for 40x4014

Are you happy with that price?
Nope. They do good work with out doubt. Thats more than I will spend. Still looking for ideas to build the roof off the top of the containers.

I ran across a polygamist compound while out west on a hunting trip. They would set up two (single wides) about twenty feet apart, and then laid trusses over the top. "Family dining" was in the center area...
Not sure how much snow load all that would hold. Containers sound better.

http://dothan.craigslist.org/grq/4390567058.html

http://dothan.craigslist.org/for/4342878679.html

http://okaloosa.craigslist.org/grq/4343340224.html

In my area the competition on barns has skyrockets and the cost has dropped from what it was 5 years ago. It seems every day I see a sign or an advertisement for a new barn builder. the ones I know will do a barn in 2 days. Day 1 material delivered and post set. day 2 they set trusses and purlins and attach metal. most crews have 4 to 5 people on them. I sold metal to one of the first ones in our area and they would do 3 to four barns a week.

skyhightree1":2n6npsb2 said:
These are another option for you maybe this is a 18x21 1000 bucks

I have one of these, its about 10 yrs old now. I have seriously thought about buying 2 of these and spacing the containers out to right footage and mounting them in between the containers. I could weld a rail to mount the carport to the containers and buy the cheap ones and so the eve would stick up 13' or so. I could use the carport to build the eves off of and add more tin to extend over the containers. Its the cheapest way out. Sky, they sell for 595.00 and 695.00 down here, installed

saltbranch":3wtca9d5 said:
skyhightree1":3wtca9d5 said:

I have one of these, its about 10 yrs old now. I have seriously thought about buying 2 of these and spacing the containers out to right footage and mounting them in between the containers. I could weld a rail to mount the carport to the containers and buy the cheap ones and so the eve would stick up 13' or so. I could use the carport to build the eves off of and add more tin to extend over the containers. Its the cheapest way out. Sky, they sell for 595.00 and 695.00 down here,
installed[/quote
I've seen that done with two 40' containers. Looks good.

Salt the cheap ones here are the same price... those probably are not certified units with the cheaper thin metal if you go the carport route I would suggest making sure you get certified units.

skyhightree1":2t23oiqe said:

This is what I have for my Tractor shed, I added 5" wood round posts lag screwed to each vertical leg to keep it in place. Works well for me.

Latest posts