Pokerface

Help Support CattleToday:

Well don't break your arm patting yourself on the back..
I take it you folded too soon? Hey, after the 2011 drought, we prepared and it wasn't easy. Holding back all our heifers was difficult. So yeah, relieved we didn't have a replay of the last drought. It's our living, 2011, we got about 1/3 rd of what we should have and our # herd went way down. When prices skyrocketed we didn't have what we would have it we didn't have to cull back hard.

I take it you folded too soon? Hey, after the 2011 drought, we prepared and it wasn't easy. Holding back all our heifers was difficult. So yeah, relieved we didn't have a replay of the last drought. It's our living, 2011, we got about 1/3 rd of what we should have and our # herd went way down. When prices skyrocketed we didn't have what we would have it we didn't have to cull back hard.
No drought in KY, but I feel bad for those forced to sell out having to read about your poker face.

Yeah, like when I explained how we survived the 2011 drought and was slammed… and remember we do this for a living.

Yeah, like when I explained how we survived the 2011 drought and was slammed… and remember we do this for a living.
I do it for a hobby, but may have more cows than you. Keep up that poker face though!

Good deal. We've kept an amount of cows that's earned us a nice living and an amount we could handle while raising a family and no employees. But in 2011, with kids in college, our bring in was 1/3rd yet expenses unchanged. I vowed to be prepared next drought. That's all. And if you've been here long enough you were probably in on the reeling I got by telling how we kept from going under.

Feeding chicken litter?
Haha……. Nope, not only were we able to grow our herd, hold back calves for higher prices, we also baled thousands of bales of hay and sold hay to the locals so they could hold on to their stock.