Poem

Help Support CattleToday:

Bama

Reaction score
In reading the tribute that Crowder posted about his dad I felt the same lump as I'm sure many here did. I was going to send this to him in p.m. but after reading so many more responses about others that had lost dads I decided to include it here. I didn't want to take away from the thread he posted, in so out of respect for him, I created this one. This is something I wrote. I hope it offers comfort to all that have lost Dads.

We came to this earth from the dirt and sod;
Born to our parents, through the hands of God,

Life is precious, cherished, and dear;
Our destiny determined, by what we do here,

Our hearts are heavy our spirits are dim;
He was a honorable man, to all that knew him,

You can see he will be missed by the tears on our face;
For he has made this world, a better place,

He lived life to its fullest from the time of his birth;
For to many he was thought of, as an angel on earth,

With the passing of time our hearts will mend;
He was husband, father, grandpa - and to so many, a friend,

We will remember him through pictures and things;
And the knowledge he is wearing, a halo and wings.

His body will be placed in the dirt and sod;
But his soul is resting, in the hands of God.

Jeff Pace

Bama, That was truly a Heartfelt poem.I hope my Son and Daughters always feels like that when I'm gone.I 'm sure a lot of folks will really admire your writing. I do. Glad you shared it with ALL of us.It's amazing how time flies by.We need to Cherish every moment we have with those that "mean it all" to us.Thanks.I'm sure your dad was a lot like mine.The upcoming generations will have a lot of things Lacking, cause these ol' Bull Dogs are a dying breed. They wont have the Love or Guidance these Real Men possessed to give us.We are truly lucky to have had them as Father's. I could go on all day, but you know what I'm saying.

Thanks for a beautiful poem Bama. Do you mind if I steal and use it sometimes.

Very nice Bama.

I know that I'm trying to spend as much time with Dad ( he just turned 82 ) as I can. He doesn't get out much now but I spent two mornings with him last week in the woods. Limbing up around a couple of his old deer stands, clearing out his shooting lanes. I think he saves his energy all year for deer season.

;-)

la4angus":tglo80lv said:

Feel free to use it,

Its amazing what goes through a person head when he is sitting in a tractor seat bush hogging. I enjoy the time spent in that seat, thats when I do a lot of thinking.

Bama":kl1ofsxy said:
la4angus":kl1ofsxy said:

Feel free to use it,

Its amazing what goes through a person head when he is sitting in a tractor seat bush hogging. I enjoy the time spent in that seat, thats when I do a lot of thinking.
That's the truth. Just came in from raking hay. Great way to clear your head.

Latest posts