poachers

Help Support CattleToday:

danl

Reaction score
Last night about 5 I was feeding the cows and heard a shot at the front of my place. I hurried up there and just as I got to the gate my neighbor was driving up and asked if I heard a shot. He said a green ford truck had drove by his place real slow obviously road hunting(shooting- not hunting) they barely got out of sight and he heard a shot.

About that time I found about a 50 pound button buck laying dead in some brush in my field. Went to the house called the sheriff, they sounded disinterested. I waited till almost dark and headed down the road to my place, about that time I saw a green ford turn down my road so I went the other way and waited a little bit. Then followed, I saw him stop where the deer was, waited a little and took off like a maniac, caught up with him got license number and called sheriff back. Said make sure you have this number cause I don't have a pen and won't remember.
Then I called operation game thief,the game warden called me and I told him sheriff had license number. He called back and said they said they did not have it :mad:
Anyway I got in too big a hurry and the guy didn't get the deer. I didn't know it but he dropped someone off in the brush. They deer had been moved about 50 feet since I first saw it. While the neighbor and I were looking at the deer he was hiding in the weeds. I don't know if or when he picked him up.
On a sort of funny note, I took my son in law back to where it was and he said turn off you lights a truck is coming. So I hid in the woods and he left. (pitch black). I waited a few minutes and the truck didn't show up. So I turn my light on and hear a stern voice asking me what I was doing, I said this is Dan. Voice asked Dan who? I said "Dan who owns this place". The conversation went on in this manner for a little while. I recognized the guy as the neighbors buddy who had been with him earlier. He apologized for not recognizing me. So we were both hiding in the dark 50 feet apart, me armed with a 9mm. Glad he was not armed . He said he can't have a gun because of his temper :eek: . I probably came close to getting my butt whipped by a friendly neighbors friend..

The game warden gave my son in law the deer.

Stupid sheriff's office. :mad: :mad:
That would make me mad too.

Hate the ones who hunt for horns.
Now being the devils advocate I can understand some guys poaching to feed their families.

Found a nice 2x2 buck on our place one year that had been butt shot. Someone had finished him off, but left him lay.

I luv herfrds":3k2ys1da said:
Stupid sheriff's office. :mad: :mad:
That would make me mad too.

Hate the ones who hunt for horns.
Now being the devils advocate I can understand some guys poaching to feed their families.

Found a nice 2x2 buck on our place one year that had been butt shot. Someone had finished him off, but left him lay.
I understand the food part, but they shot out of a truck toward my barn, cows and me.
Someone shot a big doe and left it in the road about 1/4 mile down the road two days ago.

Latest posts