Poachers are on the prowl.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score

My son set up a spot for a girlfriend to hunt at Thanksgiving. But some fat azz dirt ball poacher is hunting it first. We're going to a couple of hunting camps close by Saturday. Should be fun. I guess with all the cameras in the woods a poacher better wear a face mask. I can't believe people won't stay where they belong. I wish it was legal to shoot poachers.

Our game wardens wear orange vest for safety reasons. My son wanted to shoot by a poacher wearing a orange vest years ago. He called me on the 2-way to see what I thought. I told him a poacher wouldn't be wearing a orange vest. I saw the warden at dinner later that week and told him what my boy was going to do. He said like father like son, and was sure glad he didn't shoot. We're going to meet the new game warden on Friday just to touch base.

It is always interesting how words have different meanings in different parts of the country. Here a poacher is someone hunting out of season. That guy being on private property would be considered and called a trespasser.

J&D Cattle":3gysx1bj said:
I think a game warden being on my land would be nice me off as much as a poacher. Ours are a$$es.
Game wardens are about the most powerful law enforcement in our state. They can go just about anywhere they want legally.....cut locks if necessary but must stay on established pasture roads etc. and of course pay for any cut locks. One of ours use to have a huge key ring that had about 100 or more keys on it...one for every deer lease in the county. Most leases were more than happy to work with the wardens. Like all law enforcement there may be some bad ones but I haven't met one yet. Good folks just doing their job.

TexasBred":ql4ryovj said:
J&D Cattle":ql4ryovj said:
I think a game warden being on my land would be nice me off as much as a poacher. Ours are a$$es.
Game wardens are about the most powerful law enforcement in our state. They can go just about anywhere they want legally.....cut locks if necessary but must stay on established pasture roads etc. and of course pay for any cut locks. One of ours use to have a huge key ring that had about 100 or more keys on it...one for every deer lease in the county. Most leases were more than happy to work with the wardens. Like all law enforcement there may be some bad ones but I haven't met one yet. Good folks just doing their job.

We've had a few over step those bounds and to me and several others here abuse their privileges. I do my best to stay away from them and give them no reason to come around. All our good ones have retired, these young wardens are a pain.

Latest posts