Please Read and Help

Help Support CattleToday:

tyler92591

Reaction score
My friend Carlyle Teneille Garton is a finalist for the Magic American Scholar Competition, this scholarship will give her a $90,000/full ride to attend West Virginia Wesleyan College. The final phase of the contest is online voting, to vote go to http://www.magicscholar.com/vote.cfm pick Carlyle Teneille Garton, enter your email and vote, it will send you a confirmation email click the link and your done! I really appreciate you all helping my friend.

Tyler,
I checked out your posts and the contest links you provided. It looks like a worthy cause and I am always looking to give a kid a hand up, if they are doing the work to better themselves. Your friend is one of the 12 finalists, (congratulations!) The voting is 1/3 of the final decision. You must vote before Feb. 15 2010.

Perhaps if you or better still Teneille could post back, let us know why we should vote for her. Embedding her you-tube interview on this board would be great! @

Well Teneille has been a 4-Her with me since we were nine. It has always been her dream to attend Wesleyan. Being that Wesleyan is smaller private school it's rather expensive. She is going to major in Musical Theater and one day hopes to be on broadway. She has played the lead in every musical our school has done. She truly is a hard working individual and this scholarship would be an answer to her and her families prayers!

Hear is her video for the competion
[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9NmXCvWk14c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9NmXCvWk14c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Just confirmed the vote...and good luck to her. She has a good friend in you!

Alice

WOW that was fast, I am going to have to get you to teach me how to do all these net. pictures and tricks.

Did you ever tell us about your experiences at the fairs this year? @

Hey everyone, this is Teneille. I'm the one who is running for the scholarship. I really appreciate all of you who have voted for me. Also Thank you Tyler for posting this! Winning this scholarship would mean everything to me! Wesleyan is just about the only school in WV that has a musical theater degree and that is what I've always wanted to do since I was 6. Wesleyan is also VERY expensive. My mom is a single parent and I know it is hard on her. When my mom attended WVWC, she finally got school paid off 11 years after graduating. I don't want to do that to her or myself. I have been working very hard for the last month to get my name out there. I have taken flyers around to just about every place in the county and I have also been shot down a lot of times. I spent a whole afternoon handing out flyers at a grocery store. I spend my evenings passing them out at basketball games. Going to college free would just be awesome. I can focus on my work and not worry about how my mom or I would be paying for it. So thank you to everyone who has been voting. The voting ends soon, so please spread the word to everyone you know! Thank you!

Are you serious? The winner is decided by how much popular support they can gain from face book and other internet support groups? Sad. Who's seen the rest of the contestants?

ga. prime":3mrfmso6 said:
Are you serious? The winner is decided by how much popular support they can gain from face book and other internet support groups? Sad. Who's seen the rest of the contestants?
The voting is 1/3 of the final score, 1/3 is by the radio station that sponsors the contest, and 1/3 are judges from the college. The first place winner gets the 90,000 dollar scholarship, the 2nd and 3rd place winners both get a substantial scholarship as well.

Hey everyone. I'm up to 4000 votes now, so thank you very much! My goal for today is for everyone to please find 2 people they know that has not voted for me. This would awesome! So if you can find 2 people I would really appreciate it :) Thanks!

Latest posts