plastic bags

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
There has been a big push around here to get rid of plastic bags-have everyone bring in resuseable ones-Have youall seen any reduction in the number of bags blowing in the wind?? Seems as if there ARE less of them around here..

Well I guess we've come full circle. Hasn't been too long ago everybody was pushin' plastic bags over the "brown paper" ones.

Last time I was asked if I wanted a plastic bag I said "no, I'm tryin' to save them plastic trees."

peg4x4":298msg7e said:
There has been a big push around here to get rid of plastic bags-have everyone bring in resuseable ones-Have youall seen any reduction in the number of bags blowing in the wind?? Seems as if there ARE less of them around here..

We are considering bringing canvas bags to the store instead of using the plastic ones. I do reuse mine in a number of ways, trash can liners, lunch bags, car litter bags... I hate just to throw them away.

The conversion to plastic over paper was and is a pure ecological disaster. It would take hours to name the ways. I doubt there's a tree between here and Atlanta (150miles away) without a plastic (half-life of 100 trillion years) bag hung up in it's limbs.

We have a sm. dairy and buy our grain a ton at a time in plastic bags. We put them in the trash to end up in the landfill. No one will take them back.

I found a good use for plastic grocery bags , I slip them over my shoes when putting rubber boots over the top , the boots go on and come off much easier.

kickinbull":czs7ki28 said:
We have a sm. dairy and buy our grain a ton at a time in plastic bags. We put them in the trash to end up in the landfill. No one will take them back.

The plastic bags the feed companies are using reduces the lost attributed to damaged product (torn bags). Also, I overheard feed store owner conversation with area feed salesman, seems like spilled feed in the bed of an empty truck is a source of "cross contamination" of the next product hauled in the truck causing problems for the trucker.

I thought we developed a new fruit tree that grew these big white odd looking bag shaped fruit.
I picked me abunch and fried them. The taste was awfull, couldnt chew them. Boiling and baking them was no better. I figured I didn't wait for them to ripen. So I'm gonna waite a while longer.

Any suggestions on how long it takes them to get ripe and how to prepare?

Cal