Pit odor

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

As you know florida is humid and hot. Underarm deodorants and antiperspirants irritate my skin.y wife started looking into and and found a trick I'd like to share.
Isopropyl alcohol in a small spray bottle. Spray just a mist on your pits. It kill any bacteria that cayuse the smells thought out the day. Ive tried it 2 days in a row now sweating each day and I don't smell one bit. In fact Where the other stuff would wear off after a couple hours the spray is still working 12 hours later

Just thought I would pass it on.

If you will just keep a new fifth of liquor in your truck everyday and consume all throughout the day then you will eventually pickle yourself and you'll smell like a distillery rather than a bitch wolf in June with six head of pups that's been run hard by dogs for seven days. And if that doesn't take the smell away you probably won't care.

If I'm not pickled by now I never will be.
The store bought smell good stuff drives me mad the irritation is so bad. Jessie has to make her own laundry detergent because the store stuff makes me break out in hives. But I don't react to chlorine or bleaches. Go figure.
Sure is good to have a wife figure this stuff out for me.

When I saw the title of the thread I immediately thought of hog pit odor not arm pit odor. It is getting warm enough now that some of the hog pits are really stinking so I thought of that first. Go figure.

Well, apparantly you are not thin skinned. ;-) :mrgreen: :lol2:

Isn't the active ingredient in anti-perspirant something like aluminum oxide while deoderant is mainly alcohol?

Well I know what to use now next time I'm camping for a few days.
It's the fragrances that bother my skin. Although aluminum oxide isn't good for you either.

i too sweat like a horse in summer,an what works for me is mitchem deodorant.an even using that sometimes i can still get rank.

Don't ask me for a referance as I'll most likely never be able to find it again but I once saw a study where cultural decay and deodorants and perfumes were linked. The case was made that the human nose is a little better judge of charachter as well as fertility than we've realized.

Hook, Old Spice does me that way. Looks like someone poured gas on my arm pits and set them on fire. Degree is the only thing that works for me. CB is strictly a Secret man.

hooknline":1f2pcse3 said:
If I'm not pickled by now I never will be.
The store bought smell good stuff drives me mad the irritation is so bad. Jessie has to make her own laundry detergent because the store stuff makes me break out in hives. But I don't react to chlorine or bleaches. Go figure.
Sure is good to have a wife figure this stuff out for me.

seems like she might have a vested interest in it :yuck: :help: :D

I react to almost all of them as well. I did find that the original orange label SURE works without a problem. If you haven't tried it, it might give you one more option.

One of the advantages to living in a cool climate area. I am allergic to sweat. If I begin to sweat I have to immeadeately go sit in the shade and drink cold beverages.

Pit odor, I was thinking dairy or chicken farms. Thank goodness we don't have big pig farms in this area. The chickens and cows smell bad enough.

Jogeephus":21gy8dz5 said:
If you will just keep a new fifth of liquor in your truck everyday and consume all throughout the day then you will eventually pickle yourself and you'll smell like a distillery rather than a be nice wolf in June with six head of pups that's been run hard by dogs for seven days. And if that doesn't take the smell away you probably won't care.
are a bucket of hobo ass's :cowboy: id figure that the alcohol would dry your skin out and start to irritate after awhile

Sounds like we have the same problem, and maybe the same wife :lol: . My wife makes all our soap too. A few years ago she bought this thing shaped like an egg, and told me it was deoderant. It has worked great. Ingredients just says "Natural Mineral Salts". Seriously, it's shape and size is identical to a chicken egg, you just wet it under the faucet, rub you pits and what ever else. Cost about 4 bucks and last about a year, or until you drop it in the sink, whichever occurs first :lol2: (cause it shatters like glass) I'm looking at an unopened package now, and there is not a website or phone number, but there is an address.

Latest posts