Pinzgaur

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":q7a3i3p2 said:
If you're looking for a few good laughs, read thru the semen listings. Less than half have epd's or even birthweights but all are "champions". I've seen pictures of some of those champs and the only thing I can surmise is they were the only animal in that class.

cfpinz

You got that right. Saw some pics. from the state fair a couple of years ago of some of those champion bulls, they had to be the only two there. It was sad, not in true show shape at all, swayed back, small boned.

My son has some pinz. heifer's that he shows on the weekend show circuit. Most of the majors here in Texas don't have a junior pinz. show. We have his oldest heifer's bred to a Simbrah bull that throws dark solid red calves, so we are just waiting until the fall to see what color they come out.

We just recently bought some more from a gentleman that uses an Angus bull on some of his pinz. to get steers. Some of the calves looked just like the pinz. but instead of the red, was black and then some of the calves were solid black. So if the Simbrah doesn't work out on the color, we may go with AI'ing the Pinz. to Angus bulls or dropping them in a friends pasture that runs Angus.

mom

Latest posts