Pinkeye treatment from hell

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross

Reaction score
Came in tonight at 8:15pm had a heifer with a swollen, runny eye. Probably the dry conditions and the fescue but, why take the chance. Put here in the chute put a halter on her pulled her head up and to the side and tied it off. She went down in the chute, then, it started pouring rain to beat hell with my wife holding a blanket over the heifer and me I gave her a shot of LA-200 and figured that if the rain didn't wash her eye out nothing would, got soaked clear thru my underwear and socks both. Just wanted to whine and complain a little bit and my wife doesn't want to hear it so I figured I could whine into cyberspace!

Well you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you that a roof over the chute is going to happen this week. And the barn was just rewired and waiting on Allegheny Power to throw a meter socket in it.

Sorry about your possible pink eye situation. Be happy for your rain!! Good Luck.

fitz

This kind of thing never fails to happen, does it...

When I go out and attempt something that's iffy at best I always say, "You don't suppose I'll get lucky this time..." and I never do.
:(
Alice

rjk":3mu98me0 said:
WHAT IS THIS THING?? RAIN???

The kind of thing that makes you go, "Ah Sh*t"...pinkeye, bloat, freakin' dogs chasing calves, high wind that turns over calf pens. I don't give a da*n if it's rain, ice, sleet, snow, blistering heat...dead of night...stepping on a rock and falling over backwards...and you know perfectly well what I was talking about. :roll:

Alice

Latest posts