Pineland

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
This is the new improved tractor root rake I finished a couple week's ago. It hook's up to the hay fork's
If the tractor can run over it, it's coming out of the ground. Yaupon's don't stand a chance and it level's as you go.
You can pull everything to a pile and push it up and burn it.
Great for fallen tree's and top's cut it up in pieces the tractor can push around burn it pasture is clean as a whistle.

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Old root rake to close to tractor tire's, pain in the ass for old crippled man to hook up.

Mar0602.jpg

Dang, CB, I've got a hay fork exactly like yours right down to the angle iron welded across the bends.

That's a lot of root rake for that tractor. What happens when you hit a big root? :lol:

lavacarancher":2y6vrc61 said:
Dang, CB, I've got a hay fork exactly like yours right down to the angle iron welded across the bends.

That's a lot of root rake for that tractor. What happens when you hit a big root? :lol:

Chokes down that 60 hp tractor. I haven't put in on the old Massey yet.

what size massey? how does that new holland compare to the old massey? :cboy:

rnh1":1rwn7qut said:
what size massey? how does that new holland compare to the old massey? :cboy:

77 Model Massey 65 hp and there is no comparison. That old Massey is the first tractor I look to get on.
It get's better economy has ten time's the power also a 540 and 1000 rpm pto weigh's half again more than the NH.
That old Massey has been used by every neighbor and cleared most neighbor's place's with the old root rake pictured above. It ran the hay cutter and it never came off of it in hay season. You can still point your finger at it and it crank's up and is ready to go to work. I have rebuilt the pto clutch and injector's and that was just a couple of years ago.
That's it pretty good for a 35 year old tractor.

Caustic.jpg

TexasBred":3oamb2ok said:
Dang CB...'cept for the doors and windshield missing the thing looks like it's been kept indoors. ;-)

It has never spent a night outside.
Windshields and glass door's don't work real well in the piney wood's. Got tired of replacing glass.

I used to mow for the highway dept on steep banks and big rocks. Masseys will out pull just about anything. the old Fords like my 3000 are hard to beat. All I hear about the new stuff is complaints

I've got a set of forks just like that. I may need to build a similar set up. I am currently clearing more pastureland and could use a root rake. How big would you make it to pull behind a 95HP 4x4 New Holland?

HOSS":4oc2l4r3 said:
I've got a set of forks just like that. I may need to build a similar set up. I am currently clearing more pastureland and could use a root rake. How big would you make it to pull behind a 95HP 4x4 New Holland?

I alway's have designed the one's I have built the width of the tractor tire's. If the tractor will go through so will the rake.
The old root rake is out of heavy wall pipe and has been behind a 100 hp Deere. The one I recently built would be a little light.

Latest posts