Pilgrim's Cattle feed

Help Support CattleToday:

I Love Beefies

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of or used a feed that comes from Pittsburg, TX it's Pilgrims Feed. I have a show heifer that keeps getting longer and deeper but can't seem to get her to widen. I'm starting to thinks it's genetics, I have the sire and dam and grand dam on my place and if I didn't know better I would think she didn't come from that pair. Anyway I have heard Pilgrims' makes a grower (14% protein) and a finisher(12% protein) that already has beet pulp and cottenseed hulls and cottenseed and other grains in it ( comparable to steer feed). I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of this feed or had any luck feeding this brand of feed to either show animals or their herd.

I've heard of it. Wouldn't feed it to anything on my place. All their feed (that I'm aware of) is medicated. I didn't get any further than that with the ingredients. I stopped right there. I won't buy any feed that is medicated.

I am currently feeding Acco's "Beefmaker Textured 12" to my show bulls and heifers. I'll let you know how I like it. I'm also feeding it to a couple that I'm going to butcher.