pig hauling for hire or free

Help Support CattleToday:

wildsawmill

Reaction score
so i had a guy contact me wanting a pair of pot belly pigs transported 200 miles to his new home.
i explanied to him that it was 474 miles from my house to pigs then to destionation then i had to drive home . diesel pu gets 10.5 mpg pulling horse trailer & i would need to know value of pigs for insurance pourposes .
well he acted as if i was ripping him off on fuell couse its only 200 mile from the pigs to destionation. am i missing something here?

I would just decline his offer to allow you to haul his swine. Put the problem back on him as they are his pigs and obviously he is closer to them than you are.

Two potbellied pigs? Can't he just stick them in crates and put them in the back of a pick up? Or can't he just find someone to give them to? I mean, you can't eat 'em. What good's a pig you can't eat?

I am reminded of Lonesome Dove here. "We Don't Rent Pigs" Or haul them for that matter.

Lammie":3z6jx7cy said:
Two potbellied pigs? Can't he just stick them in crates and put them in the back of a pick up? Or can't he just find someone to give them to? I mean, you can't eat 'em. What good's a pig you can't eat?

I dont know much about pigs, but heck cant you make sausage out of them little rascals?

There is no reason why you cannot eat them. We had a problem with people turning them loose when they got too big to care for. When they would get into peoples gardens, they would call my uncle and he would catch them, feed them corn for two weeks, and then smoke them. Tasty and the perfect size for a family get together.

Search me, I didn't think they'd be fit to eat, except maybe for sausage.

Since they're house pets tell him to just go get them himself and just throw them in the back seat of his car and they can go"wee wee wee all the way home". :lol: :lol:

Cal

Calman":2d4qhkbx said:
Since they're house pets tell him to just go get them himself and just throw them in the back seat of his car and they can go"wee wee wee all the way home". :lol: :lol:

Cal

:lol2: :lol2:

reckon we stole the thread. knew a lady who drove 2 pigs in cage from new orleans.
About 90 miles to home, I was waiting to help her at her place. She drives up in
a minivan, the pigs in a cage on the backseat, she drives up and has 2 things
hanging out of her nose, the smell was so bad she used female things to plug her nose. :shock:

Greg":dzr39v29 said:
reckon we stole the thread. knew a lady who drove 2 pigs in cage from new orleans.
About 90 miles to home, I was waiting to help her at her place. She drives up in
a minivan, the pigs in a cage on the backseat, she drives up and has 2 things
hanging out of her nose, the smell was so bad she used female things to plug her nose. :shock:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

ga.prime":2is6lcdp said:
Greg":2is6lcdp said:
the smell was so bad she used female things to plug her nose. :shock:
What female things you meaning?

I was going to tell some dumb story about a middle school boy on the team bus, but........forget it.......

I used to haul them in the back of a Pinto station wagon. No big deal!

When I was stationed in Korea in the 60's seen several hogs hauled on the back of a bicycle.
They would get the hog so drunk it couldnt stand up and strap it on the back of a bike and to the market they would go.

Cal

Calman":3ik1ddhu said:
When I was stationed in Korea in the 60's seen several hogs hauled on the back of a bicycle.
They would get the hog so drunk it couldnt stand up and strap it on the back of a bike and to the market they would go.

Cal

Wonder if that would work for the guys trying to catch the wild cattle? :D

kenny thomas":34wtj4a7 said:
Calman":34wtj4a7 said:

Cal

Wonder if that would work for the guys trying to catch the wild cattle? :D

Don't know if it would work or not ,but prolly make the job a lot less stressful.

Cal

Latest posts