u7c69.jpg

104p45i.jpg

161jq6p.jpg

9aa1ok.jpg

103id1u.jpg

cross_7":pqbc9e86 said:
The grass is still green
I thought yall were under a foot of snow this time of year

No sir, I took those this week! Our grass is green here right now. I have not fed these cows hay yet except for a 70 pound square bale of alfalfa mixed grass now and then just to give then a treat. I will not feed my round bales until we get into January.

bigbruh":1avl6jdn said:
Composure calves?
No. But there is a composure calf in the sixth picture down off to the far left.
Here is a better picture of the Composure calf. On the right. The bull calf is a Sept 1 and sired AI by War Party. The Composure heifer is a Sept 24. The War Party calf dwarfs her but the Dam of the War Party calf is on another planet compared to the dam of the Composure calf so don't hold that against Composure.
1nz66h.jpg

2i11po9.jpg

All of your calves seem to really be growing fast, Ron! Up here in PA, there are many cattlemen that won't fall calve for the fact of not having the benefit of the lush grass to push the milk and bring the calves along.

gizmom":1gohf6xr said:
What is the cow in the third picture solid black and deeeeeep

Gizmom

You have a good eye. She came to me out of the Hudson Pine/Rocking P Partnership as a first calf heifer. That was Kris' favorite cow in my herd and the Dam of Megadorus, the big bull Sept 1 calf above. Everyone likes her and she is as mild as a marshmellow. Her sire is JS Sure Bet 4T and her dam is Whitestone Skymere R064.