Hereford76

Reaction score
from yesterday

bulls.jpg

903.jpg

925.jpg

1000_a.jpg

1006.jpg

Looks as dry there as it is over here.. But the weather boys are saying that could change...Not excited about more wind and wet snow-- but the over an inch of rain sounds good ! :)

Western Storm to Eventually Target Northern High Plains
Apr 11, 2010; 1:11 PM ETShare |

.A storm yielding strong wind, soaking rain and even snow will leave the Rockies to target the northwestern Great Plains on Tuesday.

Strong winds gusting 40 to 50 mph will sweep not only the northern Plains, but a wind area from Montana and the Dakotas south to the panhandles region of Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico.

Southerly wind direction will predominate, but northwesterly winds will hold sway in Montana.

Heaviest rainfall, potentially exceeding 1 inch, will douse eastern Montana into the western Dakotas.

In central Montana, enough cold air will infiltrate to turn at least a little of the rain to wet snow.

Thunderstorms will erupt with greatest frequency over the northern and central High Plains, but a few will pop up eastward to Minnesota and Wisconsin. Localized high wind and hail will be possible.

Next target for the storm will be central Canada, where the storm will weaken appreciably on Wednesday.

Dam those are some nice lookin young bulls. Brings back fond memories.

When I was 13 we had a pen full of Registered yearlings with their horn weights on them getting ready to sell them. Me and my cousins 15 and 16 decided to see how much they would buck. Our folks caught us in the middle of it.

It was a loooooong time before I wanted to ride anything after that. Besides it's hard to ride when you can't sit down. That was 47 years ago and my Dad is still pi$$ed about it. In fact he brought it up the other day.

Oldtimer":2nqpymq4 said:
Looks as dry there as it is over here.. But the weather boys are saying that could change...Not excited about more wind and wet snow-- but the over an inch of rain sounds good ! :)

its been dry... got a little snow the other night and yesterday. went out early this morning and i could feel the snow coming and just made it back to the yard when the snow started around 8:30. weather service gave a winter storm alert thru tomorrow. I hope it snows a foot or better just leave out the wind. cattle and babies seem content with lots of last years rye grass to keep warm. been watching the extended forcast and i hope they are right - they call for a couple inches of moisture by the end of this month and that would about make us for the year on grass.

looks like you guys are getting rain by the radar and maybe some thunderstorms. i hope this deal just keeps spinning right back over us and stalls out.

Nice set of bulls. Hope you get your rain and snow. We are just now starting to dry up so we can get something done. We have mowed the yard once as well. Hope spring is near.

Latest posts