Pictures of one of our calves

Help Support CattleToday:

oakcreekfarms

Reaction score
IMG_06102.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

He is a M326 son out of our HVH miss hudson cow. This calf is a 4/5 brother to Ribeye the $34,000 1/4 interest bull that sold to ABS this year at Denver. He is extremely growthy, and has a great start at being a heck of a herd bull. We will be able to tell more as he gets bigger and we can take performance data on the bull.

And no, he isn't being creep fed, however he does try to nibble on the cubes to no avail.

What do you think?

Looks good, Oak. At his age, which I guess to be between 6-8 weeks a little high flank doesn't bother me at all. If he was 2 1/2 years old it would have been a different story. Too often calves that have a nice low flank at a very young age doesn't turn out to be growthy enough.

Take a few more photos of M326 calves, I and I'm sure a whole lot of other would be very interested.

KNERSIE":20m00tot said:
Take a few more photos of M326 calves, I and I'm sure a whole lot of other would be very interested.

I was just going to post the same thing. I enjoyed looking at the calf even more when I saw it was a M326 calf. How old is the calf in the pic?

Very nice looking calf!
Alan

He just turned 8 weeks, you can't tell from the picture but the calf is huge. I will have to get a picture with another calf beside him. I would guess him at at least 250lbs. But you know how guessing goes he might be 200 or he might be 300.

Do you have a birth weight? I'm getting a little excited about going with M326.

Thanks,
Alan

His bw was a little higher then the rest, but our BW are a little higher out of our cows because of how we manage the cattle. He weighed 98lbs (will ratio him at about 109% on birth), out of a 1650lb cow (right at 6% of her body weight). She spent about 10 minutes to get him out. And yes she does wean right at 50% of her body weight, last years heifer weaned off at 720lbs no creep, and the year before she had the clean up bull at HVH. I would expect this bull to grow a little better then last years heifer. We have another M326 son out of a C&L hardwood cow, he came at 70lbs. And she is a 1400lb cow.

Hey Oak, I kind of like that last picture of T-Bone, he is a good looking bull. M326 really has done a great job in the Hereford breed. I believe that M326 is the best 3008 son ever!

THG

Latest posts