Picture day

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I had a chance to get out and take a few pictures today. I posted a couple of a Recharge calf and one Resource calf and one Resource first calf heifer under AI topics selection time for anyone wanting pictures of progeny from those two bulls. These are just pictures of different cows that would cooperate with me, taken because I just love to have pictures of the cows as they progress. Beautiful day just dry, praying for rain for sure.

D40 is an ET heifer calf out of the Coleman program in MT. She is a OCC Dixie Erica 754U X Leachman Right Time.

This is Gizmo Steph 1270 1045 1003 and her bull calf D38 out of BC Matrix 4132

This is a SAV Recharge 3436 bull calf out of Giz Miss Emulous 1224 EXT

gizmom

More because I can't figure out how to post more on one post without an error message.

Another Matrix 4132 calf that just wanted his picture taken.

Not a great picture but I think this calf is pretty sporty. D16 is out of Coleman Charlo 0256 his dam is 856 a really nice cow.

D23 is a BC Matrix bull calf out of a daughter of my old 525 cow. If you have not heard me talk about 525 you haven't been reading my post over the years. 525 is the first cow in our herd to make Pathfinder. Her first daughter 811 followed right along in her mothers footsteps and made Pathfinder on her third calf. This is a cow family that has sure worked for us.

This is Gizmo Pride C13 1226 0256 a heifer we will be breeding this year. I like her a bunch which is why you will see us using a lot more of the Charlo bull this year.

ok last bunch.

C15 a heifer we will be breeding this season out of our old 0709 cow and Wulff's EXT 6106

C33 a flush sister to the C15 heifer I think both of these are going to make some great cows.

gizmom

Very nice cattle. I appreciate seeing pictures of Charlo progeny, I have been curious as to how they would be. Those look good.

Thanks

She is my second favorite heifer in the pen. My favorite is C25 a Resource out of a 5 X 25 daughter. We will be processing the heifers on Wednesday to get yearling measurements. I look forward to see which one is the higher performing. I think they will be the # 1 and # 2 heifers in the pen. I may be wrong but it sure won't be the first time. There is a Blackcap May 2315 X Priority that may beat them both out. The C15 and C33 heifers are pretty dang long, I don't think they are as deep as C13 or C25 but they are sure going to make good mamma cows.

gizmom

I really like the Charlo heifers. They would be hard to beat.

Great looking pictures, also like the Charlo heifer! Would the D23 bull calf being out of a superior cow family be considered for in herd use?

Mrvictor

Genetically D23 should be pretty good, he is out of a really nice cow family, there is a but... to this reply. He is only a month old so a long time between now and weaning. I hope he performs well enough to stay a bull but if the performance isn't there he will make a really nice steer. Time will tell.

The Charlo heifer is pretty nice the dam 1226 is out of 0709 which is the dam of the two flush sisters pictured out of 6106. I plan to breed both of them to Charlo this year. I picture some extreamly stout calves out of that mating.

I really need to get a good photo of the Resource out of 831 she is every bit as stout and deep as the C13 calf but a tic longer bodied. Both are super nice heifers the kind that keep me excited about breeding cattle. We used a son of 831 as a herd sire 1221.

He was a really nice young bull.

Gizmom

We processed the yearling heifers today. I just finished entering the data into our AIMS program. The C13 heifer that we have been discussing had an actual weight of 878 adjusted to 826 for a ratio of 105. The other two heifers I pictured C15 had an actual weight of 892 and adjusted to 794 with a ratio of 100, her flush sister C33 actual weight 900 adjusted 836 for 100 ratio. Two other calves that I really like C42 a ET calf out of our 054 donor and Coleman EXT 6149 had an actual weight of 962 adjusted to 886 with 100 ratio and C34 another ET calf out of S A V Blackcap May 1325 and Priority that had an actual weight of 968 that adjusted to 895 ratio 100. All the ET heifers ratio at 100 so I don't know why I even put that information in the info.

The final calf I will talk about is the Resource out of our 831 cow her actual weight was 1060 adjusted 963 for a ratio of 117. I have got to get a picture of this calf she is really something. I swear she is a beast not frame wise but deep, thick and long. One of the best heifers we have ever raised at this point.