Pics of this years calves

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
My only purebred Gelbvieh this year. He is a Feb calf his mother is at the lft side of the picture. She has given me some real nice bulls. This one is out of
DLW Natural.
I am not real high on him but her calves always really bloom at around 5 months so we will see.

This calf really has me stumped. I have seen plenty of animals born with a spot of white on them but never a brown spot like this one. His full brother from last year is jet black and no spots. He is 75% Angus 25% Gelbvieh

One of my three best bull this year. Out of a doublebred Grandaughter of Ozz Govenor. and the big muscular New Design Angus bull I used last year. He is just plain square. Born 2/21/2013

Left side a couple of the boys. The little fella is my last calf of the year and should be a good one. Same sire as the last calf and out of a Kit Tabasco daughter. He will be hetero black. Born 4/5
The bull calf behind him is the same calf as the last picture.
The heifer to the right is my best heifer this year. She is out of a first calf heifer and is 25% Gelbvieh and 75% Angus. That cow line going back to my 769 cow are all just plain fancy

I have a few more bulls that i didn't take pictures of. My two best bulls are not pictured here. I will have to try to get them photographed later.

I would have posted a picture of my herd bull but he is suffering from a dandy case of footrot and is still needing to put on about 150lbs after a tuff winter!
I am supposed to turn them out at about 9,000' next week but i can't till i get the footrot cleared up on the bull. He is so sore he couldn't breed a goat right now!

Isomade":ds9ce61e said:
Nice calves, I like thr rump on the one in the bottom pic on the left.

He's a 1/2 brother to the bull you thought about buying from me a couple of years ago! :lol:

3waycross":2j4kd4gg said:
Isomade":2j4kd4gg said:
Nice calves, I like thr rump on the one in the bottom pic on the left.

He's a 1/2 brother to the bull you thought about buying from me a couple of years ago! :lol:

The red bull from Oswalds?

I'll trade you a mixed up hound dog, 2 of my neighbors goats, 1 box of 9mm ammo and an old leg-hold trap for that heifer :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Seriously.....very nice set of calves 3way...................and I really like that heifer.

VanC":2mf2rwm2 said:
3waycross":2mf2rwm2 said:
He is so sore he couldn't breed a goat right now!

I know the feeling. Nice calves, Vic.

Finally got him in the chute this afternoon. I had to drive the poor SOB about 500yds to the corrals. it took him 15 minutes to make the trip. He is sure a good little fella he took it all in stride and never gave me a minutes trouble. He did not however enjoy getting branded. I am planning on turning them out in the mountains for the summer and I just didn't want him up there with no brand on. I don't believe he has foot rot. More likely a badly sprained pastern joint. Either way he got a quart of Banamine and is in isolation for a few days. meanwhile the cows are all wearing patches and if anyone comes in we will just AI them..

What a PITA.

As you mentioned that your herd bull was being treated for footrot and I was wondering if a massive dose of antibiotics would temporaily sterilize him?? Have been under the impression that it could happen and was just wondering. We double vaccinatte for footrot every year so we hopefully do not have to dr. any of the old bulls.

Beef Man":3vkf300b said:
As you mentioned that your herd bull was being treated for footrot and I was wondering if a massive dose of antibiotics would temporaily sterilize him?? Have been under the impression that it could happen and was just wondering. We double vaccinatte for footrot every year so we hopefully do not have to dr. any of the old bulls.

Read my last post! He doesn't have footrot! My guess is he injured himself breeding a cow! I agree with you on vaccinating for footrot. We vac and then booster 3 weeks later. However in his case he just arrived from Missouri and has a lot to get used to.

Latest posts