Pics of the Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Cowboy 2.0

Reaction score
I know they're not clean, but I had them turned out on a run and took a couple of pics, tell me what you think.

Shorthorn heifer:

Picture001.jpg

Shorthorn steer:

Picture002.jpg

Charolais steer:

Picture004.jpg

I would think the Shorthorn needs a lot more hair for Ft. Worth. He looks to be pretty soft and is starting to run down hill.

shorthorn heifer is deep and looks like she would be thick from behind, but she looks a little masculine from that angle, maybe its her face.

They look good though

He's a half blood charolais. The heifer has so much hair that it makes her look masculine, but when you clip her she looks way more feminine.

Love both the steers but I reckon the pick is the grey. Do you scan for fats and EMA over there? I'd be interested to se his figures. The heifer shows exceptional muscling compared to some American shorthorns I have seen. i think she would do well as a hoof n hooker. I'd be concerned using her as breeding stock with the amount of muscle she is carrying over the pins and the somewhat coarse front end.

No clue. What's weird is that he has a big black spot on his show side shoulder.