Pics from the tank

Help Support CattleToday:

vbd

Reaction score
Went to check out the water level in the tank. Took a few pics while I was there. Wanted to share them.

100_1008.JPG
[/img]
100_1011.JPG

100_1019.JPG

100_1024.JPG

Van

Here are a few that show the water level a bit better. This one has a little water in it...two others are DRY! :(

100_1016.JPG

100_1015.JPG

We are not feeding any hay now. These 10 were in smaller pens and we had 70 jersey heifers on the pasture. When the grass ran out, the jerseys left. We moved these on this 35 acres and they seem to be holding up fairly well. Rain would be welcome tho... ;-)

Van

cows look real good. i looked and looked for your tank but could not find it. your pond looks a little low though.

Hippie Rancher":3jqu8uor said:
we call 'em tanks too. I always thought it came from the Spanish tanque. Which translates to ....tank. :lol:

We've called 'em tanks my whole life...

Alice

Angus Guy":2j1358qs said:
I'm like you Beefy didn't expect to see a frog pond :) :) :) :) :)

Well, as a matter of fact, there were frogs...lots of frogs...lots of great big frogs in there. I worry that they went the way of everything else in this drought.

Alice

It's a regional thing. Dugouts, tanks, ponds are the same depepnding on where you are.

dun

Alice":gmtf3yql said:
Angus Guy":gmtf3yql said:
I'm like you Beefy didn't expect to see a frog pond :) :) :) :) :)

Well, as a matter of fact, there were frogs...lots of frogs...lots of great big frogs in there. I worry that they went the way of everything else in this drought.

Alice

don't worry about frogs, they bury themselves in the ground and kind of go into a state of animation (cyrogenics) and when there is some water out they pop. they only die off in the hot weather if they get caught in the direct sun and fry. that is not often.

did not realize that was you place as well. as I said before in another post look very nice.

might as well hop on in and dig it out deeper while the diggin's good.

Fly-guy":3cyv4xee said:
Looks like a pond to me!

Fly-guy
so up here we call them dugouts and ours are getting pretty low --So are your ponds fed by runoff water or ground water and do you drill wells for water there??-- My well here is a 3 foot crib 80 feet deep At the north of my place I can get water at 12 feet and all I can pump --Just drill down with a hand post hole drill (its all sand) and pound a sandpoint in and its good water to takes about an hour toget water

carl

Latest posts