Pickin Pumkins kinda

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
There is a small farm close to me that buys a truck load of pumpkins and places them in there cut hayfield. I'm not sure how much they charge but for a fee they let kids go hunting the pumpkins at night with a flashlight. They provide a hay ride and some halloween type treats. Happy little kids eveywhere.
happy little farmer too.

When my son was young, we'd go to the "pumpkin patch" where they had a big hayloft with a rope to swing on, a corn maze to get lost in, hayrides, hotdogs and marshmallows, pony rides, plus getting lots of pumpkins ($10 for all you could carry)...you didn't have to worry too much about losing your kid like you do most places today...it was always fun and tired them out (the best part, LOL).

I sell pumpkins along a highway, have been for a few years. I wanted to have a pick your own patch this year (I always pick otherwise, less waste and I make sure all the pumpkins are good) but it was too dry this year. I planted about 3 acres this year. I have a lot of elementary kids come for a educational tour thing and I let them take home a gourd, I love seeing which one they will pick.

Latest posts