PICT0235.jpg

Gizmo EXT 1002 0556 6149 Registration #16938941
PICT0234.jpg

1002 was a bit camera shy
PICT0230.jpg

Gizmo EXT 1023 409 6149 Registration #16938951
PICT0225.jpg

Gizmo Image Maker 1013 525 Registration #16938946

These three bulls just finished the NFREC Florida Bull Test they will be in the sale on January 14, 2012.

Gizmom
http://www.gizmoangus.com

like 1002, solid pedigree too, he's a bull I could use. The 1023 looks more typical of the EXT bulls I've seen, little flatter made. Now I checked his pedigree I see part of the reason!

robert":12pn4209 said:
like 1002, solid pedigree too, he's a bull I could use. The 1023 looks more typical of the EXT bulls I've seen, little flatter made. Now I checked his pedigree I see part of the reason!

Robert,
Thanks I like the 1002 calf as well his dam was a solid cow for us. I don't know that I understand what you mean about the 1023 calf's pedigree.

Gizmom

I also like 1002. Good solid bull, good EPD's just not flashy. He would also probably work well at our altitude with the "Right Time" bull in there. The only thing that worries me is linebred to a bull with a -11 DOC :shock:

threewaycross

I can assure you if he had ever shown any sign of a bad temperment he would not be a bull. We cull hard for temperment. I am to old and slow to have a bad natured animal cow or bull on the place!

Gizmom

Thanks jscunn

Jacob said they had a good set of bulls I haven't been back over since we dropped them off. We have a good group of the 9R9 calves on the ground now and they are looking good. I know you like the 9R9 bull more than the 6149, I am really looking forward to seeing what happens when I can breed a 6149 cow to the 9R9 one thing breeding cattle will do for you is teach you patience.

Gizmom

Good job !!!! I also like that 1002 bull. Personally I would like to see a little more growth in his EPDs, but he will do a good job for someone :tiphat:

gizmom":3a037mw2 said:
robert":3a037mw2 said:

Robert,
Thanks I like the 1002 calf as well his dam was a solid cow for us. I don't know that I understand what you mean about the 1023 calf's pedigree.

Gizmom

9M9, his mggs. he's also got one of my 'I want no part of that' cows behind him on the bottom side too.

Gizmom, Everyone is different. I personally don't have anything on the farm that is under 50WW and 90 YW anymore. Our sire is 64WW and 115YW. That is just my liking though. We raise them on fiscue grass and hay in the winter. I do creep feed my calves upto weaning though.

I have to jump in here on this discussion. We don't raise cattle based on numbers alone. HomePlace do you still have the Sterling countess 112 cow? I like her breeding better than your other donor personally. I looked at a lot of these cattle that was at the Top of the Test yesterday and yes, they were big 1500+ for a yearling bull (to big in my Opinion) and they didn't have a ton to them. They were basically big and fat but I am sure there numbers would say the same thing.

We sold the Sterling countess donor. Her calves were not up to our standards. We don't pick on numbers alone either. We do a lot of pedigree work and look at prototype as well. Yes, our cattle are larger then most with some of our females running in the 1500 - 1900 lb. range, but that is our market. We are doing well with what we do. Like I said, everyone likes something different. Our customers like the larger, fast growing seedstock. :tiphat:

Well Bottom line is if you have a demand you better continue doing what you are doing!!! After all our customers are the ones that pays the bills.

That's the way I look at it Jacob. When I go to production sales, the best selling cattle are the larger cattle. We all say maderate size is better, but the sales don't necessarly agree with that.

Latest posts