Photos of some of the bulls I took over the weekend

Help Support CattleToday:

BRG

Reaction score
I took some photos over the weekend that I thought I would share with you. The first 6 are coming 2's

A Red Dawg son
M417.jpg

Another Red Dawg son
40152.jpg

Another Red Dawg son
902byRedDawg.jpg

Here is a bull that I am not sure what his ID is as he lost his tag. We need to get him in and read his tattoo.
NT.jpg

This guy is a Gills Heavens Door son.
827.jpg

Here is a PIE Maximizer son
876.jpg

The rest are some bulls that are 9 to 10 months old.

Here is what I think is the best yearling bull so far. He is a RED Towaw Indeed son. We are the only U.S. breeder that got semen out of him. Here are a couple shots of him. He is an ET calf and weighed 958 lbs on Friday and he was born late March
90182.jpg

9018rear.jpg

Here is a good Six Mile Sakic son. He has been a standout all year. It isn't the best photo of him, but it is all I got today. Here are 2 different shots of him. He weighed 980 lbs on Friday and was born mid February.
1102.jpg

110.jpg

This is the heaviest bull on test. He weighed 1025 lbs on Friday and was born early March..
3322.jpg

Here is a Fully Loaded son, his dam is also a full sister to Glacier Chateau. He is an ET calf and was born in January and weighed 964 lbs
9032.jpg

Here is a High Capacity grandson that has done good. He weighed 976 lbs on Friday and was born late February.
3306.jpg

Very nice line of bulls. Just a question about their coats. I know they aren't prepared for a show. Has it started to cool down? The coats on these bulls are as thick as out British breed bulls ( Herefords, South Devons and Black Angus )get in the middle of winter. We don't get snow to speak of like you folks. Once again thanks for posting good cattle.

Australian":3lucw28g said:
Very nice line of bulls. Just a question about their coats. I know they aren't prepared for a show. Has it started to cool down? The coats on these bulls are as thick as out British breed bulls ( Herefords, South Devons and Black Angus )get in the middle of winter. We don't get snow to speak of like you folks. Once again thanks for posting good cattle.

Ya they are haired up pretty heavy. We had a real cool or cold October and they haired up then. We plan on trimming them for catalog photos near Christmas.

Thanks for the compliments.

tncattle467":2t94473e said:
Correct me if I am wrong but bull pic two and bull pic four sure look mighty sway backed to me. The top line is not level at all.
I was looking at the same thing. Thought maybe it was just me. Never been all that great at judging cattle but these bulls wouldn't work for me.

The bulls appear to be that way due to their length. They are extremely long bodied and when they are this long, they tend to be a bit swayish. But in reality, they are not sway backs, just might hang a bit more than some.

tncattle467":im889lff said:
BRG":im889lff said:
The bulls appear to be that way due to their length. They are extremely long bodied and when they are this long, they tend to be a bit swayish. But in reality, they are not sway backs, just might hang a bit more than some.

I had a bull that was as long if not longer than them and was a frame score 7.8 (simmental bull) and he didnt look the least big sway back.

Do you have any pictures of your Bull/Bulls you could post ?

fitz

I had a bull that was as long if not longer than them and was a frame score 7.8 (simmental bull) and he didnt look the least big sway back.[/quote]

fitz[/quote]

Seeing as how that feller is in the ground and has been for three years I would have to say no. However, if my buddies back hoe is available I could dig up his bones, take pictures of those and post em on here. Then again that is to much trouble.[/quote] i bet theres some on here that would pool together the money to make it worth your wild :cowboy:

I had a bull that was as long if not longer than them and was a frame score 7.8 (simmental bull) and he didnt look the least big sway back.[/quote]

fitz[/quote]

Seeing as how that feller is in the ground and has been for three years I would have to say no. However, if my buddies back hoe is available I could dig up his bones, take pictures of those and post em on here. Then again that is to much trouble.[/quote] i bet theres some on here that would pool together the money to make it worth your wild :cowboy:[/quote]

I am pretty sure he meant any of his bulls

BRG":3ppgtp7a said:
alacattleman":3ppgtp7a said:
I had a bull that was as long if not longer than them and was a frame score 7.8 (simmental bull) and he didnt look the least big sway back.

fitz

Seeing as how that feller is in the ground and has been for three years I would have to say no. However, if my buddies back hoe is available I could dig up his bones, take pictures of those and post em on here. Then again that is to much trouble.[/quote] i bet theres some on here that would pool together the money to make it worth your wild :cowboy:[/quote]

I am pretty sure he meant any of his bulls[/quote]
for god sake Brian edit my name out of that quote it makes it look like mine :p

Sorry alacattleman - I am not sure how that happened. I took it off myine, but it didn't come off the others.

Yes, I was referring to current stock. BRG, you certainly have some nice looking animals.

fitz

No I do not have pictures of them or any of my cattle. My two bulls I have now have both been collected by Genex. One because he was the top selling bull in the sale and Genex cut a deal and the second just because I wanted to use him in my et program cuz he was a good one.

Well, does Genex have any pictures on your bulls? As much knowledge you have about other people's cattle, I am sure all of the other members on the board would LOVE to see what you have. Or, do you not own a camera?

Latest posts