Photo help

Help Support CattleToday:

S&S Farms

Reaction score
I hate to read the instructionand still not get it. Whenm I hit the photo button it takes me to rancher.net and after I log in there i can not find the upload photos button am I blind???

jeff

S&S Farms":vffu349w said:
I hate to read the instructionand still not get it. Whenm I hit the photo button it takes me to rancher.net and after I log in there i can not find the upload photos button am I blind???

jeff

Look about 4" or so down from the top of the page on the right hand side and you sould see the "upload photos" in the menu. Good luck.

S&S Farms":3j3wefst said:
Wher did they go it said they were uploaded ok but I cannot find them in the gallery????????????

Are they at Ranchers.net? I use photobucket.com to post pics. It seems less complicated to me.

Why not just use the uplaod attachment function at the lower left of the "post reply" screen

When I try to simply upload, I get an error message saying my file is too big.

Frankie's right, its a lot simplier with photobucket. I have tried and tried with the ranchers.net thing, but photobucket is so much easier. Upload picture, get link, put around it and its done.

Ok, I have the same problem. Have tried every way to post a picture. I how have it on photobucket and still can't figure it out. :???:

Regarding image size - before uploading photos, you may want to resize them to be smaller and easier to load. Open the photos on your computer with Microsoft Office Picture Manager if you have it (you can use another program if you want). Select "edit pictures" and then "resize." Resize to "web small" which is about 400 X 300 pixels and then resave the picture. Now it isn't so huge that that it takes forever to load or that image hosting programs will refuse it.

Regarding programs for uploading onto the web. Ranchers.net confuses me too but seems to work fine for some. Photobucket is great but I shy away from creating so many different on-line accounts that I eventually lose track of. I use fotki.com b/c you don't have to register or have a password unless you want to.

Once you have a picture uploaded you will have different links you can choose from for posting. Usually one of those links is a "direct link" to the photo and is labeled as such. Copy it and paste it between the image markers in your forum post like this -

Anyway, I know it's confusing at first but I hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Got it finally. I used Photobucket and I had just registered for that. I too am concerned so many accounts and losing track of them. Anyway, thank you so much for your help.

Latest posts