philisophical ramblings

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
Lets say you worked for somebody but didn't get paid. You had to do whatever he said and in return he gave you a place to stay and took care of you when you were sick. Would that make you a slave? If the government took 100% of your earnings would you be a slave? If the Government took 90% percent of your earnings would you be an indentured servant? I'm afraid that we no longer are a free people. We are indentured servants at best. Once socialized medicine kicks in we will be one more step closer to enslaving ourselves.

What does freedom really mean? What does freedom mean to you?

Walt

We are just feeding the machine. It's pretty sad that some people don't understand what is happening to the system. Pretty soon you will need your own legal team just to walk down the street, if that will even be allowed in the future. Big government needs to come to a screeching halt, but who are you going to put in place to stop it? Think about it, and look at how crooked the politicians are, how can we stop it by voting for another politician? The system needs to be stripped down and start over, but it's out of control, so how do you do that? Look at our new president, he is already making laws and hasn't been in office much over a week. Right now I'm not worried about being a slave to the system, I am worried about war!

If you are eating, be thankful. Sometimes, when it gets hard, we lose something to make us understand how good we had it before we lost something.

Speaking of eating, those Smuckers Strawberry Preserves made with Nutrasweet are some weirdly textured stuff.

Anybody paying 90% of their earnings to the govt has a fool for an accountant. I pay $1200 a month for health insurance- national health care don't look so bad from where I sit.

ga. prime":14q2u5px said:
I pay $1200 a month for health insurance- national health care don't look so bad from where I sit.

Wow! You must have one of those low deductibles. Do like me, raise your deductible to $10,000 and you won't have to pay but about $800-$900 per month. Also, whatever you do don't get sick right before Christmas. Wait till New Years Day. This is my plan.

I think we already have national health care for everyone - except those that pay taxes. I'm not greedy or selfish but I would like to enjoy the same health care and retirement benefits as those that work for me. Afterall, isn't the government supposed to be our employees. Or is it the other way around. This two party system has got me all confused. I'm not used to not having real choices.

Wasen't it Nikita Kruschev(sp) that said back during the cold war that "the great nation as USA will destroy themselves from within"? Or something like that?

Cal

Jogeephus":12xln4r3 said:
ga. prime":12xln4r3 said:
I pay $1200 a month for health insurance- national health care don't look so bad from where I sit.

Wow! You must have one of those low deductibles. Do like me, raise your deductible to $10,000 and you won't have to pay but about $800-$900 per month.
$800-$900 is what we've been paying for the past year. Now we've been informed that the rate is going up 26% in March to $1188. (Strangely, or maybe not, a cubic foot of gold weighs 1188lb.) We're now studying different deductuble options.

Calman":1pedqyar said:
Wasen't it Nikita Kruschev(sp) that said back during the cold war that "the great nation as USA will destroy themselves from within"? Or something like that?

Cal

Kruschev said "We will bury you."
Lenin, I think, said "The capitalists will sell us the rope we use to hang them".
Friendly fellows, those Soviets. Must be the winters.

ga. prime":105eqnvn said:
Jogeephus":105eqnvn said:
ga. prime":105eqnvn said:

Wow! You must have one of those low deductibles. Do like me, raise your deductible to $10,000 and you won't have to pay but about $800-$900 per month.
$800-$900 is what we've been paying for the past year. Now we've been informed that the rate is going up 26% in March to $1188. (Strangely, or maybe not, a cubic foot of gold weighs 1188lb.) We're now studying different deductuble options.

Its aweful isn't it. We just celebrated another birthday and they normally are quite prompt about sending us a little notice reminding us that we are getting older. I'll probably be getting one of these notices shortly. And to think, all this money goes to pay for the 30th best health care service in the world.

Latest posts