Pharo auction

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
I see that a Pharo Cattle Co. auction will be on RFD TV Tuesday of next week. After reading the discussions on this board, I'll be interested to see some of his cattle.

Three Trees is on Monday next week, too.

:oops: The Pharo sale is tomorrow (Tuesday). I should have read my own post. Sorry.
The sale going on now is the Three Trees sale.

WOW :shock: there goes the pedigree and epd theory. Some of those bulls aren't very good and they are bringing $4-$5000. They are selling bulls all over the country. This guy has one heck of a niche market.

Yep, Bulldealer we all need to do the BS, Marketing, and Starvation Theory!

I would like to see some of his cattle in person. They must work for someone, or his market would have dried up by now. How do his cattle compare to Ohlde's, most of Pharo's seem to have OCC in their pedigree?

Dap":il72dshd said:
I would like to see some of his cattle in person. They must work for someone, or his market would have dried up by now. How do his cattle compare to Ohlde's, most of Pharo's seem to have OCC in their pedigree?

I noticed the OCC influence, too. And many of the bulls didn't have the Pharo prefix. Does he have cooperators that supply bulls for his sale?

I attended the sale and bought a red angus bull. The bulls are strictly grass fed. I am used to heavy fed bulls that tend to fall apart after you get home so hope this is a change for the good.

They are thick and small to moderate frame. Bought one to use on heifers and will wait and see before buying the next one,

Talked to numerous ranchers who were there buying for the 3rd and 4th year and were back for more. That helped my feelings a lot.

There were 300 heifers sold on Monday out of PCC bulls bred to PCC bulls and most were really nice.

His program is really different but I think it will work if you don't carry it to the extreme.

Johnny

Latest posts