Perspective

Help Support CattleToday:

apical meristem

Reaction score
The 116 year average annual rainfall for East Texas is 46.48". Specifically for East Texas, since 1895 the annual rainfall has only been less than 30" on one occasion and that was in 1917 with 28.28".

Tyler, TX year to date rainfall is 12.83" versus 29.63" average year to date rainfall.

Even the 1950s drought which produced multiple years with rainfall in the 30" levels, annual totals never dropped below 30". The dust bowl years' rainfall saw yearly variance drop while during a drier than average period rainfall remained around 40" per year.

man that is dry compared to usual. for us 14 inches is about average for yearly percipitation. this year though we have had 15 inches i believe since may but im up north in the dakotas.

I drove through the South Dakota Badlands in July. It looked amazing. People told me they had never seen the Badlands look like they have this summer. I-29 from Omaha to Sioux City was underwater, along with some Iowa corn along the Missouri river. I still wasn't impressed with the Nebraska sandhills, though.

Latest posts