Pear Tree Advise

Help Support CattleToday:

jsm

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could give me some advise on pear trees. Lady at the tree store recommended a Kieffer and Hosui. I was wondering if these 2 will pollinate well. Any comments or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joseph

Look for a local nursery that has a website for info. We got our trees from Adams County nursery in PA. They have a great website.

The keiffer is an old one but a good one. It is blight resistant and is self pollinating.

Don't know of the Hosui. If that is the moonshaped pear then what I"ve seen of it is good but don't know the details.

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully, these two will work together. Info on the web seems to not be so great.

My dad planted a kieffer back in the late 70's, and it's about 25' tall now and produces about 10-15 bushels a year without spraying.

Don't know of the Hosui. If that is the moonshaped pear then what I"ve seen of it is good but don't know the details.[/quote]
You ever had an "Asian pear?". They are real good. Crisp like an apple. I don't think they will grow in Pa. Too cold.

Kingfisher":3ipkp02x said:
Don't know of the Hosui. If that is the moonshaped pear then what I"ve seen of it is good but don't know the details.
You ever had an "Asian pear?". They are real good. Crisp like an apple. I don't think they will grow in Pa. Too cold.[/quote]
Who knows why I thought ge was in Pa....;(. :).

Latest posts