Peaches

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I will be eating canned peaches all winter. These were U-pick peaches over at Kimberly. A little bit of a drive but we picked 102 pounds of peaches in about 15 minutes. Priced at $1.05 a pound. That is half the price at the grocery stores and fruit stands in Baker. We stopped at the Silver Spur Cafe in Mt Vernon on the way home. If you are ever going through Mt Vernon OR be sure to have an empty stomach and stop at the Silver Spur. And how else would one want to spend their 70th birthday?

I will be eating canned peaches all winter. These were U-pick peaches over at Kimberly. A little bit of a drive but we picked 102 pounds of peaches in about 15 minutes. Priced at $1.05 a pound. That is half the price at the grocery stores and fruit stands in Baker. We stopped at the Silver Spur Cafe in Mt Vernon on the way home. If you are ever going through Mt Vernon OR be sure to have an empty stomach and stop at the Silver Spur. And how else would one want to spend their 70th birthday?
Was it your 70th birthday? Happy birthday if so. Sounds like a wonderful day. Did you have a pocket knife to eat one as you were picking? A bit of a drive sometimes is as good as wherever your going. Just enjoy the drive. ☺
I've just be happy to live to 70.

I haven't had a farm picked peach in a long time. Not one I could just bite into anyway, but decades ago when more people raised them and the bugs weren't so bad about ruining them, I didn't need a pocket knife. Ate them skin and all right off the tree and spit the pit out.

Peach cobbler is my favorite desert. I sure miss it.

Was it your 70th birthday? Happy birthday if so. Sounds like a wonderful day. Did you have a pocket knife to eat one as you were picking? A bit of a drive sometimes is as good as wherever your going. Just enjoy the drive. ☺
I've just be happy to live to 70.
Yes it was my 70th. I think a "bit of a drive" sort of depends on where you live. It is 3 1/2 hours each way to Kimberly. But it is 45 minutes from here to the grocery store or gas. So we are use to driving to get things. I always have a pocket knife but I wouldn't eat a peach I hadn't paid for. So no I didn't eat one while picking. After eating at the Silver Spur I didn't have room for a peach for several days.

What recipe do you use to can them? We are almost past peach season here, but we have lots of access to GA and SC peaches. The best peaches I ever ate were raised in a river bottom about20 miles from me, but I have not seen them for sale in about 5 years.

What recipe do you use to can them? We are almost past peach season here, but we have lots of access to GA and SC peaches. The best peaches I ever ate were raised in a river bottom about20 miles from me, but I have not seen them for sale in about 5 years.
Wife says she does a light syrup, 1 to 4 sugar to water. She does the canning. I specialize in eating them. The wife says she needs to start canning air........... I think that comment was directed at my waist line.

If you are like me, the air comment was about a part of your body a little to the back and right above your legs. (the place from whence noxious gas emanates)

Yes it was my 70th. I think a "bit of a drive" sort of depends on where you live. It is 3 1/2 hours each way to Kimberly. But it is 45 minutes from here to the grocery store or gas. So we are use to driving to get things. I always have a pocket knife but I wouldn't eat a peach I hadn't paid for. So no I didn't eat one while picking. After eating at the Silver Spur I didn't have room for a peach for several days.

Yea that be a bit of a drive. We are about the same here as far as getting groceries sometimes gas just depends, unless you want over pay for them at the tourist place. That crap ticks me off I'll just drive on to where I know the grocery has everything and not trying to rip people off with way over prices. Unless it's just one or two things I need than still ticks me off. Lol

Yea that be a bit of a drive. We are about the same here as far as getting groceries sometimes gas just depends, unless you want over pay for them at the tourist place. That crap ticks me off I'll just drive on to where I know the grocery has everything and not trying to rip people off with way over prices. Unless it's just one or two things I need than still ticks me off. Lol
Gas and groceries are 30 miles one way and 55 the other direction. Nothing closer and I do mean nothing at all. I have a little Kia that gets 35 mpg. I try to take that unless I am getting something too big to fit in it. The wife's car is a Ford Escape. It gets about 26 mpg. It is newer and nicer so we do take it to church etc

Gas and groceries are 30 miles one way and 55 the other direction. Nothing closer and I do mean nothing at all. I have a little Kia that gets 35 mpg. I try to take that unless I am getting something too big to fit in it. The wife's car is a Ford Escape. It gets about 26 mpg. It is newer and nicer so we do take it to church etc

I like the Kia that are nice now days. Some real fancy.
Well the Ford ya know. 🤣 I'm a Chevy person. :) Some things I'll agree with yall but the Fords yall not going to change my mind on. 🤣😂😅🤡