Payday

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
At the sale barn. Fresh cow perfume on the pants legs. Selling 5 yearling steers. TexasPawPaw gonna be here in a bit. Good guy to chew the fat with. Life is good.

bhb

Enjoyed the visit. You had some really nice calves and was REAL nice check you took home. Hope Lisa lets you spend a little of it. LOL

Glad you're feeling better. Guess the nice check probably helped you feel better too.

I'm glad to hear you had a good day BHB. From what I've read on here I'd say you certainly deserve it. I was going to say "Don't spend it all in one place." Then I changed my mind and decided it would be OK if you spent it all in one place as long as you spent it on something really cool, like a helicopter or something.

When I got home, I needed a shower. No hot water! What the heck? That water heater has been acting up for too long. I got back in the truck and went to town. Spent nearly 1/3 of a steer. But life's gonna be better now. One less worry.
I've been really blessed to meet some of you in person. It's been great. Really like TexasPawPaw. It was a good day.

Did I mention the new babies? 6. Count 'em! Since I was sick 6 new calves hit the ground. Lisa and I went gawking at them this evening. Those yearlings ran up to her and rubbed her every way they could. All three of them wanted her attention. They've been down there for 6 weeks now. Surely they are bred. 12 year old Big 'Un got a little jealous. Came over to Lisa and ran those yearlings off. She needed scratching too.

Lisa has never been around cattle. She loves it. She does what I ask her to do because she doesn't know any better. I had her loading syringes when I was working them last time and I was 't fast enough for her. When I looked up, she had started injecting herself. Awesome. She helps anyway she can. She is always anticipating the next move. Best help a man could ask for.

She really enjoyed seeing the new calves and petting the older ones today.

Latest posts